Second World War Era Aircraft Wish List

PLAAF

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the speculation was anywhere close to truth and I was to choose from any russian planes from WW2 I would rather go with the 1944 setup and

Yak9T or K

Yakovlev-Yak-9.jpg

Yak3

YAK3-7.jpg

La7

Kozedub.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I have seriously considered it

As well as having a reference for inside I have design blueprints and tech info.

Not confirming it, but I have seriously look at it and it will be further considered going forwards

Pman

:thumbup:

Let me know if you need anything which I might have. The 410 is something I would very much to try if there is possibility.. its a fantastic, intriguing aircraft. Also I have stuff available on Hungarian 210Ca heavy fighter with 40mm Bofors and 15 cm Nebelwerfer tubes.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

As well as having a reference for inside I have design blueprints and tech info.

Not confirming it, but I have seriously look at it and it will be further considered going forwards

Pman

Here is the Flugzuegmuster for the Me-410 and Schußwaffen anlage! I would love to see one modeled to DCS standards.

Not before a B-26 though!! :music_whistling:

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Pman

I really hope you guys consider it and this would a great aircraft to be able to put 2 people in it. Pilot and having a friend be a gunner ... :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...
Not entirely true. It does not have a clickable cockpit and thus has a simplified start up procedure. That said, it's a prop plane. The start up procedure is pretty basic and is more or less the same for every piston engined plane ever made. Incidentally, it's little different from a weed eater ignoring fuel cutoff valves and magnetos. Both of which are one of those things you simply flick a switch on and then never touch again.

Once the engine is going, they have near full systems management. The only thing missing is fuel tank selector valves. Those aren't present on all planes and aren't that big of a deal anyways tbh. Don't believe me? When was the last time you decided it would be a good idea to use fuel from just your left wing tank on the P-51D here? My guess is never.

As for damage modeling, BoS is greatly superior to DCS. It models all the things DCS does (flat tires, coolant leaks, control damage and so on) but also has 2 really big things DCS doesn't. One is pilot/crew wounding and the other is cascading structural failure (and yes, from overstress in addition to battle damage). Both are kind of a big deal imho.

I'll admit BoS did shoot itself in the foot a bit with a trash campaign and the absurd unlock deal, but the flight and damage modeling are generally superior to DCS. I'd also like to point out that simply tossing a few WW2 fighters into a world filled with T-90's and Patriot missiles does not make a WW2 sim. The planes have to have the right context to operate in. You can get that in BoS, it is currently impossible within DCS.

Have you guys never played IL2 Cliffs of Dover? Full clickable Stuka Cockpit you even have to use the manual pump to start it. You can even select which bombs you want to drop also you have to arm them with the Master Switch. The siren even has a switch on the left side console.

The problem with the BoS which should be name PoS is the FM I love how I can do circles all day long with the stick pulled full back in my Stuka and never stall it is so great and soooo realistic.

Edited by Stewart

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Requesting the best CAS aircraft from WW2

Junkers 87 B/D/G model Sturzkampfflugzeug (Stuka). Ever wonder why they asked Hans-Ulrich Rudel to help in the development of the A-10? Maybe because he was the best CAS pilot in history in his Stuka?

The Stuka is the main aircraft I fly in WW2 sims and have since ww2online in 2001 first game to actually have the Stuka in it. I even dedicated a website back then to the Stuka and I helped people learn how to fly and use it in ww2online/IL2. I have talk to a few Stuka pilots just because of my website and some even sent me their old Der Adler mags. I asked them a lot of questions about the Stuka how it felt in flight, dive bombing techniques, fuel management, attack patterns (Which are almost exact to the A-10), and limitations. It was different talking to an actual pilot that flew the plane instead of reading about it.

Here is a link to my old website in the internet archive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030612081731/http://www.stukaguide.com/

This is from an actual Stuka pilot it has the same starter as the Dora so if you have started it than it will sound familiar:

After climbing in the cockpit and strapping in I placed the fuel cock in the "both tanks" position, gave a few strokes of the primer, switched on the fuel booster pumps, set the throttle to figure "1" on the quadrant, switched on both magnetos and energized the inertia starter and booster coil by pushing a handle on the lower left side for 10 seconds, then pulling out the handle until the engine fired. Warm up could be made up to 1,600 rpm on the brakes but higher revs demanded that the tail be anchored in case the aircraft nosed over. After such anchoring, the engine was run up to 2,200 rpm and 1.3 atas of boost, and then throttled back to 1.0 ata for magneto checks. After the engine checks the tail anchorage was released and the aircraft was taxied with the tail wheel lock in free positions. I found that the aircraft needed controlled braking to maneuver and was sensitive to any crosswinds.

Before taking off it was necessary to straighten out and lock the tail wheel, switch the fuel pumps on, set the flaps to take off position, the trims to zero and the airscrew pitch lever to start. Pushing the throttle forward slowly and keeping the stick back half way to keep the wings angled for takeoff at about 116 km/h (72mph) in a distance of 457 m (500 yards) it was airborne.

I would suggest the G model Stuka which could be a dive bomber or use the 37mm tank buster wing guns. Since most of the DCS planes are late war then this is the one to have.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-655-5976-04%2C_Russland%2C_Sturzkampfbomber_Junkers_Ju_87_G.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Guys,

We thought it would be good for you to know our development roadmap.

DISCLAIMER:

The list is not final and will be changed at any time depending on contracts, agreements, discussions, etc. but this is our current roadmap.

The dates shown are indicative and not final!!

DCS Warbirds Collection

Curtiss P-40F - Q2 2015 *

Grumman F8F Bearcat – Q2 2015 *

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV – Q3 2015 *

HA-1112 Buchon - Q3 2015 *

Hawker Typhoon

Grumman Wildcat - Q4 2015

Dehaviland Mosquito Mk IV

Dehaviland Mosquito Mk XVI

Messerchmitt Me109T

Supermarine Seafire 17

Hawker Sea Hurricane

Hawker Sea Hawk

Curtiss Hawk 75

Curtiss P-40C

Focke Wulf FW190A-8 / F-8

Messerschmitt Bf109-E4

North American A-36 Apache

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It would be very interesting for sure. Battle of Stalingrad kind of sparked an interest for VVS warbirds that I didn't have before and I find the idea of flying a Yak-9 or Yak-3 pretty attractive. A La-7 would also be quite interesting.

However, flying russian aircraft without a proper theater would generate the same issues lots of people have with the game at the moment: lack of a proper theater.

We already have a proper theater, the existing Black Sea Map. Do a Little research. the Russians fought the Germans here. -Woog

We already have a proper theater, the existing Black Sea Map. Do a Little research. the Russians fought the Germans here. -Woog

No need to be so condescending.

A theater is not limited to a map: it must also include WWII airfields, ships and units, which we don't have.

Edited by Charly_Owl

No need to be so condescending.

A theater is not limited to a map: it must also include WWII airfields, ships and units, which we don't have.

Agreed, map location isn't as important to me as having the ships, ground units, etc. They could put a Normandy map in tomorrow but if they don't include the other units if would be mostly pointless for a WWII mission planner.

Edited by fastfreddie