HOTAS TMS (LCTRL + [UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT] not responding

fjoesne

I am just going through the trainingmissions and under navigation i get no response from either the keyboard nor the x52 joystick when asked to press and hold the HOTAS TMS Down (or LCTRL + DOWN). Is there some setting in the keyboard combo that has changed regarding this? I can understand something beeing wrong with the stick configurations but shouldn't the keyboard combo work in any case?

I cannot get this thing to work please help! I'd like to get through the trainingprograms before i start actually doing missions:)

Are you absolutly sure you have to use TMS control, not DMS ?

TMS is Target management switch - used mainly when dealing with targets and other tactical situations

DMS is Data management switch - used to control MFDs such as TAD display moving map and so on.

Since you are in navigation mision its probably DMS down comand.

Ok so you need to make SPI somewhere on the hud.

First make sure you have HUD as SOI - Sensor of interest (small asterisk on the left side of the hud).

Then you have to slew TDC - Target designation cue (small box) to some place on terrain you like.

Then you have to hold TMS UP Long (for like 2sec) which will make SPI - Sensor point of interest - where you had your TDC

In control config

TMS UP = TMS Forward

TMS DOWN = TMS Aft

Look here - 1min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JztibZnPTs