a problem with Hotas Warthog throttle switches

RglsPhoto

Hi,all

I just updated my FCS from X52Pro to the hotas warthog a few days ago.

I have a problem with the 2-ways swithes on the throttle control pannel.

For example,in A-10C the EAC is engaged if I place the EAC to ARM, it would be disenaged if this swith is palced to OFF.

while in the Ka-50, the EAC swithch is configured as HMS switch, when I place it to ARM,the HMS is shown, that's OK.but when I want to disengage the HMS and place it to OFF, nothing happends.In order to turn the HMS off,I have to palced this switch to ARM again.That is not same with the A-10C

How can I fix this?Should I use the TARGET?

Regards

Rgls

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

Yup, in the case of the Warthog's two-way switches, only the armed ("up") position of those switches will register as a button press. It seems that the default Warthog profile for the A-10C has some custom Lua scripting in it that allows a switch flipped in any direction to be registered. I would be very interested in knowing how to do something like that.

Your first option would be T.A.R.G.E.T., yes. I always found it a little clunky and just resigned myself to the fact that, with my own custom-made profiles, I need to flip a switch twice.

Thanks

I find that it is possible to remap those switches as DX keys with TARGET(up to 30 keys). eg.remap the EAC ARM and OFF to DX1,and select the type as pluse,then set the EAC as HMS,so you may flip one time to turn the HMS ON/OFF.but the 30 DX key is not enough.In this way you need remap all the buttons/hat/switches.

I will check the profile of A-10C.

@NoCarrier

I think I have found the reason now.In A-10C,the EAC is set when the key is pressed down or released.But in the Ka-50,the HSM is set only when the key is pressed.

A-10C Code

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN24"}, }, down = iCommandPlane_EAC_ARM, up = iCommandPlane_EAC_OFF, name = "EAC Arm/Off", category = "LASTE Control Panel"},

Ka-50 Code

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN24"}, }, down = iCommandPlaneModeHelmet, name = "Helmet-mounted system On/Off", category = "Ins Targeting Mode Controls Panel PVR"},

In order to set the HMS when the EAC switch is set to OFF,we need to changes the coed to

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN24"}, }, down = iCommandPlaneModeHelmet, [color="Red"]up = iCommandPlaneModeHelmet[/color], name = "Helmet-mounted system On/Off", category = "Ins Targeting Mode Controls Panel PVR"},

I have tried in game and it works.

Becareful some of commands need 2 commands

e.g.

iCommandPlane_EAC_ARM,iCommandPlane_EAC_OFF

while other commands are a single commands,such as iCommandPlaneModeHelmet

a sublist of all the commands may be found in D:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\command_defs.lua

Edited by RglsPhoto

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2