Engine start up after repair from flame out

xaoslaad

For repairs the Engines have to be off. After Repair just start them as you would do from ramp. Batteries , Inverters , Apu on , Fuel Pumps and Engine start cycle. Should work, at least it does for me.

Remember to have your throttle all the way back.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

The only times I've had major troubles getting an engine restarted after repair is when I had previously set the engine fuel flow from normal to override (in flight).

Afaik, using fuel flow override for either the right or left engine (perhaps to keep it alive after minor damage) basically rules out repair when you land. I've always been forced to grab a new plane in that circumstance. I think this is probably a bug but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

With other types of engine failure (where I wasn't using fuel flow override to RTB) I've had no problems getting the engines back up and running.

Hope that helps.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Try flipping the engine operation switches to "MOTOR" above the APU switch for a minute or 2 to purge the fuel from the engines. Then attempt to start as normal.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

When the engine has been on fire and you pulled the T-handle and you used the extinguisher, don't forget to push the T-handle back in before starting the engine. Otherwise it won't work...

Andreas

That's what caused the problem for me before figuring it out.

After extinguishing the fire I now push the handle back in so I don't forget when it comes time to repair.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down