why nothing like tars in dcs ?

wolf_288

Developing a complete new com server and the required client software is absolutely waste of time because TS is already there as base and works rock solid. Furthermore, TS has already a possibility to create custom servers and client software from the scratch.

It does not matter on which software a "DCS-IVC" would be based on (teamspeak, ventrilo or whatever).

The point is it should be integrated into DCS and independet from the teamspeak client you have installed on your pc.

just look at BMS-IVC. You connect to a server and and at the same time your IVC app connects to an IVC server (IP given by BMS-server).

So every Client on the server will be already on the same IVC-server.

(ps: bms ivc based on ts3-sdk ;) )

Just because Something works in BMS doesn't mean it will be easily integrated into DCS.

TARS 3rd Party Plugin/Mod works with DCS on TARS compatible servers,

Why have ED Waste time and money on something that already exists for free via 3rd party?

That's a silly way to look at it. I have never used TARS because I don't feel like installing a 3rd party program and then modding it. If it were integrated in DCS: World, I bet more multiplayer servers would be a lot more lively.

90% of servers I've flown on people are still communicating via text.

I don't think it would be a waste of time and money at all, and would help improve the multiplayer experience greatly. (especially for players that don't want to dabble with more modding and 3rd party programs)

Now that's not to say I'd rather see EDGE and DCS: F-18C first, but it would be a nice addition down the road.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Organically integrated VOIP is always a good thing to have. It is vastly superior for promoting teamwork since while TARS is free, running a TS3 server is not, and TARS is also not being actively supported right now by Headspace owing to his own busy life.

The situation with TARS is already bad enough since you can't use the latest version of TS reliably so that puts a lot of pressure on the players themselves just to get it running.

TARS may be very nice (when it works reliably) but its far from optimal for the broader community. A much more optimal solution is to have it so everyone automatically has the ability to talk to each other without needing to join someone's TS.

This is all pretty obvious really. Communication is essential to good team work and not having that built into the sim is silly. Vain hope #211 is that Edge and the following dedi server code will furnish this essential feature.

• Like 1

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I enjoyed TARS many TS and DCS versions ago...since then it's been a bit messy.

I'm not blaming anyone for it, especially not Headspace who put in a great effort.

I'd rather pay ED 10€ for an integrated communication system which works with all modules, than relying on the community to fix the shortcomings of DCS while being out of the loop with updates and patches breaking the mods.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.