why nothing like tars in dcs ?

wolf_288

TARS already exists and works. Why would the Devs spend time on it when there are so many other things that actually 'need' fixing?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think, he means a integrated solution = ingame voice tool. So you don't need an extra tool (and export data) or TS3.

I hope, there will be a DCS modul (maybe TARS) to bring us these features. I would pay for an integrated solution. :smartass:

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TARS leverages an existing, developed, and optimized VOIP technology (Teamspeak 3). An integrated version would require inhouse development of the same, or licensing TS3 for commercial use--both of which are expensive.

You can always help the TARS project by donating. I'm currently working on the SDK so people like Dart and other third parties can use it in their projects.

I personaly dont like TARS , whilst being more realistic , it also removes the human side of enjoyment in my view .

Having to be on the correct channel , to speak to someone . Then you get shot up and eject or CTD and all coms are gone .

• 6 months later...
TARS already exists and works. Why would the Devs spend time on it when there are so many other things that actually 'need' fixing?

Mine doesn't, never has, even though its all been done correctly. Any issues with TARS on DCS v1.2.7 and TS3 v3.0.10.1 ? I would give anything to get mine working. The guys in my SQDN had problems too. What are we doing wrong? Is anyone willing to get on TS3 next Friday night and help us get it working?

:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even some games (such as Call of Duty or Red Orchestra etc.) have inter voice comm. feature.

DCS must have got this many many versions ago!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 months later...
Even some games (such as Call of Duty or Red Orchestra etc.) have inter voice comm. feature.

Yes, yes... But they didn't :( DCS is long overdue. We need in-game comms that are properly simulated. If TARS can do it, then it shouldn't bee too hard at all. Why have they not done this yet?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact, why doesn't ED just integrate TARS into DCS. They could make it work with DCS from the core and maybe make it more stable. We should have had an accurate comms feature from the start, or at the very least added by now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like IVC in BMS.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Which it works great and sounds good, thanks to Teamspeak.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Im happy there is no TARS ..... I know it adds to reality and immersion but , for me anyway , I have enough to do without changing radio channels every 30 seconds .

Why would you have to change that often? :D

Integrated TARS would be great.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

why nothing like tars in dcs ?

No one changes every 30 secs lol, you might change once or twice per flight. Some of us are building scale pits and want the radios to work. Otherwise why build them. This is something that needs to be done. When flying online with many people. One channel becomes crowded and it's very sloppy. Don't say you are happy there's no TARS because there won't ever be any hope of added radio realism, just don't use it, lol. Use the EASY COMMUNICATION option... You'll get better as time goes by and you practice. There are those of us that want the added realism, and we aren't overwhelmed, yet ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact, why doesn't ED just integrate TARS into DCS. They could make it work with DCS from the core and maybe make it more stable. We should have had an accurate comms feature from the start, or at the very least added by now.

As said above, TARS needs Teamspeak to work so ED would have to build their own replacement for Teamspeak.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It is not that easy. TEAMSPEAK requires a Teamspeak server to manage the communication connection. It requires additional bandwidth for that. Not much, but still a little bit... I'm not sure how many connections a normal internet connection can handle in addition to the dcs server traffic to the clients. To have a separate TS server is an advantage, maybe.

I guess integrating just TARS is not a good idea for a company like ED. Recent update of TS client broke lots of plugins, so ED would be dependant on another company there.

And when Teamspeak will change their licensing model to commercial-only we need a change to dcs comms again.

Maybe not as easy as it seems.

Just my 2 cent.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That you'd actually compare the data transmission requirements of simple FPS titles to the nature of what DCS is handling in the back end tells folks all they need to know.

Seriously- large AI counts bring servers to their knees in conjunction with the client side requirements. And you want to toss dedicated voice chat in there?

Just... wow.

Or they could make it work through existing teamspeak...

Please think through the licensing and support issues that would require.

Seriously- large AI counts bring servers to their knees in conjunction with the client side requirements. And you want to toss dedicated voice chat in there?

Just... wow.

IVC works perfect for bms. And when e.g. squadons flying DCS online they are also on a teamspeack server. So I do not see a bandwith issue here.

IVC works perfect for bms. And when e.g. squadons flying DCS online they are also on a teamspeack server. So I do not see a bandwith issue here.

I agree. But you can't tell them anything bro...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]