P51 Joystick

Kougar

For the price, I can't think of a better stick than Logitech extreme 3d pro. Just don't expect any precision on some unimportant task like aiming at a column of convoy.

Seriously for WWII module, this is more than enough. For the A-10C, BS and the coming Hornet, you'd want a Warthog.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I use a Thrustmaster T.16000M. Inexpensive but precise. Throw's a bit on the short side, which makes stall fighting harder, but it's still quite possible to do well with it if you're good. Not very many buttons, but you shouldn't be using too many buttons with your right hand anyway.

I recommend avoiding Logitech. The ones I've handled have been very sloppy sticks with enormous hardware dead zones (physical flaws in the stick which can't be amended with software). The 3D Pro, like the Saitek X52, is one of those sticks which isn't precise enough for competitive dogfighting. That doesn't mean you could never win a fight with it, but you're going to be suffering a serious handicap and won't be able to do stuff with it that you could with a better stick.

I used to use a CH, and it's possible to do very well with that stick, but I wouldn't get another one. The following short thread has some discussion by myself and others on the various merits of Thrustmaster, CH, and other joysticks. Might want to check it out. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93642

Edited by Echo38

For the price, I can't think of a better stick than Logitech extreme 3d pro. Just don't expect any precision on some unimportant task like aiming at a column of convoy.

Seriously for WWII module, this is more than enough. For the A-10C, BS and the coming Hornet, you'd want a Warthog.

+1

Thanks Echo

I have been talking to Echo and doing a bit of training under his skilled hands. He really knows what he is talking about and can tell you what your doing wrong. His knowledge of flight angles amazes me to no end. He told me about the stick he uses and I forgot what it was now that I know I have read reviews and most are very favorable. I will look into getting the same stick he has and put on the shelf my X52 or sell it. I am not very fond of the X52 SST for the reason he states. It is far to imperfect for flying the P51.

I can recomend you any FFB joy, I own a Logitech G940 which I'm pretty happy with. If you fly with Pony, you can feel the increasing forces in controls with increasing velocity and the stall buffeting. It is also great for flying helos because of the trimming like in RL.

I can recomend you any FFB joy, I own a Logitech G940 which I'm pretty happy with. If you fly with Pony, you can feel the increasing forces in controls with increasing velocity and the stall buffeting. It is also great for flying helos because of the trimming like in RL.

+1

Force feedback is essential.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The best joystick i can recomand is microsoft sidewinder ffb.Online vs someone that uses the sidewinder i had to cut his curves and shoot at 90 degrees because there was no way i cound turn with him.

I use a thrustmaster t flight stick x.Is a good joystick for the cheap price but not very precise.I belive it's less precise then t16000 but don't know for sure.