Can't install FC3 Lockon is to old.

LexiconG2

I have Windows 8 Pro MCE. Lockon won't install I am a IT admin so it's not something simple. I can't get the lockon installer to install error -6002. KB's don't work reinstall and OS rebuild does not work. What sort of support do I have with FC3? I can't install it because it's not compatible CM = no permissions = no install-shield updates = no. What future solution does DCS have when modern systems have a EOL (End of Life) situation with the lockon installer in order to get FC3 installed....

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

Lock On installed successfully from the CD on my system (Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, using the standard Lock On: Modern Air Combat).

I would suggest running the installer as administrator and/or using compatibility mode but it sounds like you have already tried it, I hope you can find a solution.

Lock On installed successfully from the CD on my system (Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, using the standard Lock On: Modern Air Combat).
Same here, no problem installing with the original Lockon cd-rom in Windows 8 Pro.

I have Windows 8 Pro MCE. Lockon won't install I am a IT admin so it's not something simple.
No clues in any of the logs, process monitor?

What future solution does DCS have when modern systems have a EOL (End of Life) situation with the lockon installer in order to get FC3 installed....
That's why the FC3 aircraft will be released individually in the future, with AFM, without the requirement of a Lockon installation.

Just a suggestion, I don't know if it works.

Try to install your Lock On version on an older PC with Win XP/Vista/7. Then try just to copy the Lock On Folder to your current Win8 system, maybe Lock On is to stupid to notice it.

Just a suggestion, I don't know if it works.

Try to install your Lock On version on an older PC with Win XP/Vista/7. Then try just to copy the Lock On Folder to your current Win8 system, maybe Lock On is to stupid to notice it.

I would assume DCS looks for a registry key and not the actual install; maybe if you could replicate the registry entries in Windows 8...

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.