Is there anyway to prevent HUD drift and motion occult?

Trying to get realism but maneuvers blank parts of HUD and was hoping to get like falcon 4 drift blah blah... Any ideas? Tharos? PeterP?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

What helped me the most is getting a more stable and comfortable chair, and mapping a button on my joystick to center my track IR system.

its not a question of ergonomics, but rather how to eliminate the annoying LALT+F1 HUD disappearance problem.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi Bill, can you describe your problem more? I don't thing I can understand what do you mean...

This behavior you are talking about seems to me pretty normal.

I believe he means that the attitude bars follow the vector (or flight map marker) of the plane, so on high G turns or on big yaw the hud is almost empty (no attitude reference bars).

Correct?

This is normal operation, and it means that you are not going where you see on the hud :)

I think sapounas has it. Usually if you are flying straight and the attitude bars are still way off, you are probably in an area with heavy wind. The slower your aircraft gets, the more wind will effect your aircraft. The way to resolve this is to adjust the trim of your rudders.

But if that's not what's causing it, it might be that your track IR isn't centered. If you are like me, and can't sit still for more than 5 seconds, then it's best to center your track IR as often as possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

The TVV and the Pitch Ladder is wind corrected. This is actually a really good thing because you can actually visually crab the TVV onto the spot you want to go rather than having to watch other instruments to determine if your flight path is correct or not.

It makes cross wind landings way less of a hassle. It also serves to dramatically solve many of the problems of CCIP and manual bomb delivery.

If its something else, then I don't know what it could be. I always have my TrackIR buttons on my stick for quick access. Sadly in very high crosswinds the TVV will be off the HUD. Without the new helmet mounted HUD A-10s are getting I don't think this will ever be solved for us.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

urban nailed it. I want to remove the disappearing TOT and left hand column items with movements. I want actually to stop them from disappearing. I guess flying smoothly would do it.

urban nailed it. I want to remove the disappearing TOT and left hand column items with movements. I want actually to stop them from disappearing. I guess flying smoothly would do it.

Wait a minute, by that definition you dont talk about wind drift because it only affects TVV and Pitch ladder from what I know.

Are you talking about disappearing TOT and so when you are pulling Gs?

Yes

I see, I get that too and Im realy conflicted about that effect.

I dont know if its like that IRL, but from watching pilots do G test in centryfuges you can see that their head/body posture is same, up to the point where they GLOC. So their head does not slide down their neck which would explain that effect we see on the hud.

Anyway, there is a box in controls somewhere about - head movements by G forces so maybe with that off....

will try that option but I love head movement by G forces. I'm after realism afterall..

EDIT:

here is how to do it:

In the default cockpit view, ensure you set your head as diagonal (the diagonal will allow for HUD drift), in the options disable head moves by G or in sim, if you forgot to do so, press LWin+F1. Then you should position your head so that all elements of the HUD are visible including a SPI point which you can set on ground for reference.

The last bit is to zoom in so the HUD is bigger and sandwiched almost 2/3's the space between MFCDs in Lalt+F1 view. And voila. I'll post a vid soon.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe