The German Airforce has no Hueys ;-)

newbie2k

Hey,

I don't know if already mentioned as it is only a very minor thing, but the german Hueys, at least with the skin that is provided, belong to the Army Aviation.

In the editor it says Airforce. Maybe that could be changed for the final release.

For the rest, well done! As far as a paratrooper with some hours in the back of this chopper and only landed once can judge about this.

Before I forget: I too think that the ETL vibrations are way too heavy. Personally, I have no trouble flying and landing the chopper, even without my rudder pedals (why does this stuff always brake when one needs it the most?), but to be honest, I never felt any heavy shaking while getting a lift with the german UH-1D and there should not be that much difference to the H in the technical point. Correct me if I am wrong. :-)

Hey,

I don't know if already mentioned as it is only a very minor thing, but the german Hueys, at least with the skin that is provided, belong to the Army Aviation.

In the editor it says Airforce. Maybe that could be changed for the final release.

Well, up until just recently, the Luftwaffe did fly the UH-1D, so maybe we should just have both to choose from.

Before I forget: I too think that the ETL vibrations are way too heavy.

The developers stated they overemphasized the vibrations on purpose since you lack the "seat of the pants" feel telling you about the ETL transition in the real Huey.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Before I forget: I too think that the ETL vibrations are way too heavy. Personally, I have no trouble flying and landing the chopper, even without my rudder pedals (why does this stuff always brake when one needs it the most?), but to be honest, I never felt any heavy shaking while getting a lift with the german UH-1D and there should not be that much difference to the H in the technical point. Correct me if I am wrong. :-)

You are right and there is discussion about this with many real pilots saying it's unrealistic. The landing and transition is not hard in itself but learning to overcome the vibration messing with your head is the most difficult in approaches. My hands and feet can now keep a good control of the helicopter during approach but it still disorients my head.

The same effect could be achieved with less than half of that vibration. I don't mind it as long as it's tuned down to a realistic level as should be in DCS. Let's just hope it's going to be fixed in the final version.

nope, just the CH-53's.

The NH90, Tiger and the rest of the UH1-D serving in the Army.

I don't know how many BO-105's are left, but they should also belong to the Army Aviation as well as the EC645 and whatever is used for training purposes... (I guess EC135)

Edited by newbie2k

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Luftfahrzeugen_der_Bundeswehr

actual

135 UH-1D incl. grounded helis

53 of 212 ordered MBB Bo-105 P (PAH 1/PAH 1A1)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.