RC Heli can do this?

KaspeR32

RC helicopters really can do insane stuff like that thanks to reverse pitch and crazy power/weight ratios. However, I'm not certain if this particular footage is real; the lighting on the helicopter is questionable, and it flies as if it has virtually zero inertia.

I'm willing to believe this to be real, however:

Edited by JozMk.II

it is real. if it was fake it wasn't necessary to be that long and with boring parts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

if the video is fake who ever made it, is better at cgi than hollywood

and thats why i think its not fake simply from the glints on the helicopter and the fact that the grass moves at certain points which is really hard to do in cgi

Flying rc helicopters myself, I say that video is real.

It is absolutely possible to do these kind of extreme maneuvers.

As already mentioned, power to weight ratios are beyond insanity with purpose built 3D machines and those typisally just weigh in at just a few kg with very low disk loading.

We are talking about rotor head speeds of 3000+ rpm !

Greetings

MadCat

Insane! Yeah, it's real enough. Although definitely sped up in a lot of areas. I used to fly 3d helicopters a few years ago with my 50 size Raptor V1 and have seen something similar to this at our club but not as extreme. This is an electric motor as well - some size lipo on it too!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Both videos appear fake IMO and the reason I mention that is not because of the manouvers but because in both videos the time reaction is to quick for a person to pull it off. The manouvers appear jerky and IRL you would crash it takes a lot of coordination to fly those things(IMO its easier using a Hotas/pedals in DCS). The other thing is unless its FBW and doing preprogrammed manouvers it would still require sensors that would mean a much bigger helicopter. The other thing is its parts couldn't take that sort of punishment.

What is believable that I have seen: hovering inverted, rolls, loops etc. What is not believable a RC chopper flying like a UFO.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

At first glance the first one looks a little weird. 3D heli stuff has come a long way and can be pretty insane. The choice of location on the side of the road at night is a lil strange and I expected to see the grass move more with the inverted hover. If anything, I agree it looks like it was sped up a bit. The second video is more like the stuff I've seen before. Incredible skill to pull that off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access