CH Pro Pedels Hall Sensors

OK the pots I have are done. I switched the one from the toe brake and it worked for a while but then started jumping around. Then next time it doesn't work at all. So Hall Sensors seems like a good idea plus I already have them.

The problem is figuring out this wiring.

This is the mod to get the brakes to work ???

http://www.kimdara.com/flipbox/ch_tech.html#propedals

And this is the original

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php/topic/2957-wiring-diagrams/

ftp://ftp.chproducts.com/pub/Postings/Wiring/Pro_Pedals_PC/Pro_Pedals_PC.pdf

My pedals have the toe brakes. But since it is plugged into a cougar they are not used. To use the hall sensor I need +5v and a -5v. and the reference pin of course.

I cut out the switch and tested the wires.

Blue is pin #1 +5v

Yellow is pin #11

Red is pin # 13

So Blue to the pot (+5v), then the Purple out (ref or wiper) goes to the switch and gets returned to the cougar on the Red. I even tied the Pink and Yellow together as per the diagram. The problem is I don't know what is going on in the other end. The D sub shell has two other pig tails for other connections, depending on what you want to plug it into I guess.

If I could find out the Cougar rudder pin out would help.

The other 3 remaining wires do not connect to the D shell that I am using.

Does the Cougar game port use a standard game port pin out?

I plugged in the old pot that sort of works but spikes and don't get anything. At this point I don't know what to try. Maybe the problem is on the Cougar end of things? I unplugged the Cougar and plugged it back in. Now with a new pot (one that doesn't fit the pedals) it works.

So I need a -5V pin on the Cougar! I think I will have to switch cables to a 15 wire cable to get to the -5v on the Cougar. Don't know which one it is though.

Thanks

Menessis

Edited by Menessis

Well I took one of the CH pots apart and cleaned it with some WD-40 then put a little lithium grease in it. Put back together, stuck it in and it works. So far so good.

Don't know if there is a way to put the hall sensors in or not?

Menessis

Thanks Doright! I had seen that article but didn't look close enough. I'm wasn't looking to get the brakes working. So like I said before I will have to get a new cable. And it looks like the D sub on the Cougar has a -5v pin #4.

So with that info i should be able to use a hall sensor next time the pot screws up.

Or get a usb controller for it. That way instead of 256 I can get 12 bit for a higher resolution.

Menessis