4hrs till i purchase pedals (advise needed)

Ive read on other threads that the internal workings of the combat and the pro saitek pedals are infact the same.

Discounting any disadvantage due to shape (heel on/off) do they perform equally as good / controlable and sensitive?

I think im looking to save money here so im hoping they do perform the same.

Also any serious software issues/hardware (problems in past with x52pro scarred me). I plan not to use the SST if i can avoid it.

thanks

pat

Edited by HOKUM52

Thanks Anton but my question is still unanswered.

Do they perform the same if they have the same inner workings?

Ive seen a pro pair for £65 and some combats for £110. If they the same inside im not convinced its worth spending the extra money for just shape and material though it would be nice.

pat

For me the combat pedals were well worth the premium I paid over the normal ones. I can use my toes to work them very precisely. And they look much, much better than the normal ones, too.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

They are exactly the same internals, it's only the pedals that are different.

It all depends on if you want the option of toe pedals ala a helicopter or full pedals ala fixed wing.

That is it really. I'm using the pro and have been since they first came out with no issues at all.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I use the cessna pro flight pedals mate.. Again the same internals as far as I am aware.

I also use the foot extension while flying the rotor craft and the full pedal while on the ground for fixed wing, changing to the foot extension while flying if needed.

If you look at the bottom of the pedal, you will see the heel placement area, this is what I am pushing with the the very bottom of my toes and the start of my ball of my foot.

The rest of my foot is placed on the extension which is placed directly in front and slides into fixing holes.

Any more questions fire away.. Works without the software, in fact I was advised not to use the software to programme them..

Link to mine.

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/flight-simulation-c499/flight-simulation-pedals-c502

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

Do you mean the extensions which are placed in front of the pedals..

I have circled them here.

XFb23s6.jpg

These can be removed and placed front or back..

EDIT

Sorry did you mean the pro flight pedals? There are also the combat and cessna versions. If so, sorry I am sure they cannot be removed... Someone with more knowledge will be able to be 100% sure though.

Edited by marker

There are combat, cessna and standard pro flight pedals.

I have cessna ones, and they cannot be removed, the same goes for all of them as far as I am aware!

Unless you mod them completely with new pedals...

NO , the heel rest can not be removed. It is molded to the main section of the pedal piece. The toe ( upper foot rest is adjustable). For me the pro pedals work very nicely and I have not been able to justify moving on to the combat pedals.

It appears to me the only difference between the pedals is the pedal designs only. I am sure you will find that the pro flight pedals was a good choice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

Because all aircraft are flown with the heels on the floor and the balls of the foot (or toes) on the pedals. The whole foot is only placed on the pedals when it's time to use the brakes. Same thing with a car, of course you don't place your whole foot on the pedal, just the balls of your feet, with your heels on the floor.

NO , the heel rest can not be removed. It is molded to the main section of the pedal piece. The toe ( upper foot rest is adjustable). For me the pro pedals work very nicely and I have not been able to justify moving on to the combat pedals.

It appears to me the only difference between the pedals is the pedal designs only. I am sure you will find that the pro flight pedals was a good choice.

I can't speak for the regular version, but the combat pedals can be removed safely by the user. The process is not easy though :)

The key is to remove the Allen screws on the sides to loosen the top pedals, then wedge the black side bushings off (takes a bit of force) from the heels so you can remove the pedals completely. Finally, slide off the textured heel covers (also takes a bit of force). From then, everything is just simple Phillips screws.

Here is an older picture of my modded rcs with Saitek combat pedals... Much better this way. As the Saitek's electronic is very jittery and causes stuck brakes in DCS. With new electronics in place (I used U-HID Nano), the pots no longer cause spikes.

OynHIqE.jpg