Glide Slope Error Circle while landing - where is it?

Every time I land I expect to see a Glide Slope Error Circle (as is stated in the Su-25T manual), which I am supposed to align with the Director circle in order to come in for a perfect landing. However - every time I have to land absolutely clueless, because there is no such thing visible. The HUD is in Navigation mode (Key 1), flight mode says ПОС (Landing) - what am I doing wrong?

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Is the correct airfield selected?

Also a track would be good.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Sorry - I will record one next time I attempt to land- but I am flying training missions and I assume that the navigation mode brings me to the right airfield...

I do manage to land most of the times, especially if I remember to use the chute, however I really think it should be easier than wildguessing a proper approach...

By the way - do I understand it correctly that when on the ground, the rudder controls become the nose wheel steering controls? I mean Z and X. The reason I'm asking is because I have virtually no success steering the plane if I get of the runway while landing...

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Here is a track file of me trying to land -don't judge it harshly - at first I missed the runway, then overshot it and then got rid of the chute too erly by mistake, however there is no glide slope error circle anywhere during approach - what am I doing wrong?

Landing.trk

Right, lets have a looksie..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

No circles but it does pick up the ILS (The ADI) on the opposite end of the runway...

EDIT: also do you get the circles at other airfields?

Edited by joey45

I don't recall ever seeing 2 circles on the Su-25T HUD, unlike say the Su-33. I always just place the one circle (I guess it's the director circle) inside my aircraft symbol on the HUD. I always manage to land ok. You can also look at your ADI to make sure your needles are centered as a double-check. The manual, in my experience, does not always reflect how things actually work in the game.

I don't recall ever seeing 2 circles on the Su-25T HUD, unlike say the Su-33. I always just place the one circle (I guess it's the director circle) inside my aircraft symbol on the HUD. I always manage to land ok. You can also look at your ADI to make sure your needles are centered as a double-check. The manual, in my experience, does not always reflect how things actually work in the game.

The frog definitely should have a glide slope error circle indication on HUD, as well as director circle kontiuka. It is missing for me too, regardless of airfield (IE when the airfield definitely has ILS Beacons present) :)

@Gloom Demon, this issue has been reported by myself and another fella callled Pacetech in the SU-25T issues thread, see here. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107835 I had initially thought there was no problem as I hadn't flew the Frog with the new patch at the time...but confirmed Pacetechs finding.

Edited by Biggles07
thread link in wrong place
  • Like 1

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

Then it's a bug and not me doing something wrong - thanks for the help guys! :-)