Complete failure at bombing targets - help needed

Please look at the enclosed .trk file and tell me what am I doing wrong? I align the CCRP circle with the target, keep the plane flying steady, hold the trigger until the automatic release and keep missing wildly every time. There must be something I am not doing right... And, by the way - why are all of my bombs showing only CCRP mode and not CCIP?

Failure.trk

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

For unguided bombs? 8-() Guided bombs work fine, but it's the unguided ones that I suck at using...

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Don't forget that unguided bombs simply are much less accurate then guided variants.

Especially in CCRP mode.

(otherwise the guided variants wouldn't be needed, don't you agree?)

Usually, to get some more accuracy out of dumb bombs is CCIP bombing.

Don't have any experience whit that myself, but a quick google should give you plenty of youtube video's as well as text guides.

It may also help to set the wind in the CDU so that the targeting computer takes it into account.

Again, no real experience whit that myself so can't explain on how to do it.

(assuming where talking A10C here?)

The laser is needed on initially setting SPI, there was a nice video that explained why it was needed.

Ill see if i can find it.

***EDIT***

Found it;

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

For unguided bombs? 8-() Guided bombs work fine, but it's the unguided ones that I suck at using...

Laser gives accurate distance to target which is needed to calculate when to drop the bombs at the right time. Without the laser all the fire control computer has is your altitude + slant angle of the targeting system to calculate the release point. This doesn't take into account difference in terrain height to the target.

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

AFAIK dumb bombs are designed for low altitude runs and to be released in pairs or in more quantities. You can't expect great accuracy. And you need some practice to do it right.

On YouTube there are some video tutorials for how to use them quite effectively - it is useful to watch it.

And here is how to enter wind corrections to CDU:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=66422

Edited by lesnyborsuk

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

TAS

I haven't flown the Su-25T in quite a while but from what I could see the procedure appeared correct. Unfortunately it didn't show how far off from the building the bombs hit so can't say if that is as close as you get in CCRP or not. I usually used CCIP for that type of target.

I'll dust off the Toad in the next day or so and try it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Laser for distance is valid for the SU-25T as well. If the target is at a different elevation than you at release you will miss without accurate distance value.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Ok, thanks, I'll try turning on the laser next time i attempt a bombing run. I still do not understand why all of my bombs keep giving me the CCRP mode and not CCIP - is there a way to switch them?

Ok, thanks, I'll try turning on the laser next time i attempt a bombing run. I still do not understand why all of my bombs keep giving me the CCRP mode and not CCIP - is there a way to switch them?

Try pressing M until CCIP appears in the hud. Also a tell tale sign is the dashed vertical looking line down the screen , this is CCIP mode....unless it's in a horizontal dashed line position due to maneuvering. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

You have two ways to change this. You change which weapons mode you're in by using the Master Mode Control Button ("m" if you have no joystick button for that) which shifts between the various HUD modes.

Alternatively you use the DSMS profile manager to create or edit a weapons profile and tell it which delivery mode you wish to use. When you select this profile as active it will switch to this delivery mode in the HUD by default.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

^^^^^^^^

Oh the Humanity!

T-Toad Gentlemen, T-Toad :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

hey dude i think there is a bug at the moment for all FLC aircraft using the CCIP and CCRP modes they are way off. Its in the fix list for 1.2.5 so dont worry you are not failing. However You do need to use the laser in most senarios to increase accuracy