The best CPU and SSD?

"best" is a relative term for DCS, what your looking for is the best hardware for the requirements of DCS wich is a different thing.

For example: CPU, Obviously the intel 4770K is best but you wont profit from its extra 4 logic cores (in addition to 4 physical). So the best CPU for DCS requirements is actually the 4670K with its 4 physical cores. You still have margins as DCS only uses 3 threads and 2 of them are easily handled by just 1 physical core with room to spare.

MOBO : ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO SOCKET 1150

RAM (DDR3 Dual Channel): whatever you wish, you don't have much to gain in terms of speed just reliability, Corsair is among my favourite makers for this purpose.

SSD: OCZ Vertex 450 (cheaper) or SamSung 840 Pro (traditionaly more reliable) in 256GB format or better. 128GB is short.

The Vector is better but you will only notice it in workstation loads, so why waste money? :)

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

No price limit? OK, here you have it:

cpu: Intel Core i7-3970X

ssd: Micron P320h SSD 700GB

ram: 4x G.Skill TridentX DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-24000U

mobo: 695141.jpgIntel Extreme Series DX79SI

But before you set on shopping trip, have ~$10k ready...

Samsung 840 series SSDs are quite popular. I have a 250GB one, which wasn't very expensive and it does its job.

EDIT: Concerning the CPU: at the moment a new i5 will be not much slower than an i7 in games, since most of them don't use more than four cores. So if you don't have too much money you could use the difference between those two in dollars to buy a better graphics card. You're faster that way.

Edited by Aginor