Hidden units in mission editor

Galwran

Hi.

Is there a way to keep units hidden from the map during the mission but keep them visible in the mission editor's map? Selecting hidden units from the unit list is frustrating, and often it is nearly impossible to coordinate unit placement if the units are hidden in the editor. Then again, if enemy units are not hidden during a mission it makes the mission boring.

Hi.

Is there a way to keep units hidden from the map during the mission but keep them visible in the mission editor's map? Selecting hidden units from the unit list is frustrating, and often it is nearly impossible to coordinate unit placement if the units are hidden in the editor. Then again, if enemy units are not hidden during a mission it makes the mission boring.

Sure. Do not set units as hidden, but set F10 map value to Fog of war or map only into the mission options.

As for realism purpose, you should ALWAYS set F10 map as map only (empty map with no unit displayed). Unless CA players need it (Fog of War becomes nice).

Edited by galevsky06

Sure. Do not set units as hidden, but set F10 map value to Fog of war or map only into the mission options.

As for realism purpose, you should ALWAYS set F10 map as map only (empty map with no unit displayed). Unless CA players need it (Fog of War becomes nice).

Great, thanks! I have to try the fog of war. Hopefully it is not all seeing and persistent. Ie. if I overfly a unit without even spotting it visually, will it stay in my (or everyone's) map for many minutes.

Great, thanks! I have to try the fog of war. Hopefully it is not all seeing and persistent. Ie. if I overfly a unit without even spotting it visually, will it stay in my (or everyone's) map for many minutes.

Sincerely, I have no clue about how fog of war works internally. I don't know which rules make a unit spotted, then invisible again.

If someone knows, could be nice to read... :smartass:

CA players always get Fog of War no matter what is set on the F10 view map. Fog of War basically relies on the AI detection logic to reveal stuff on the F10 map. The AI detection logic relies on the sensors available to the unit along with "visual" sensors of the cockpit view limitations.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 6 years later...
Hi.

Yes there is. In the "show all units" list window, there is a checkbox labeled "Show hidden units" or something to that effect, that does just that.

I've been experimenting with this, but the feature seems a bit inconsistent.

For example, if I select "Hidden" on a air or ground unit, then it disappears.

However, if I select "Hidden" on a static object (e.g. a building), then it has no effect for "Allies only" or "Fog of War". The only way to make buildings disappear is with the "My A/C only" or "Map only", but that removes everything.

It seems you cannot hide the static objects on the map, but leave ground/air units visible. (I'd like this to de-clutter my training maps).

Also, a related thread on the difference between "Hidden" and "Hidden on planner": https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243448

Yes there is. In the "show all units" list window, there is a checkbox labeled "Show hidden units" or something to that effect, that does just that.

Wow. I didn't know that option existed. Thanks for pointing it out. That's really useful!!