TISL in 1.2.4 working?

VTJS17_Fire

Hi,

long time ago, in the beta phase of the A-10C, there was the info in the flight manual, that the TISL isn't modelled.

I know, there was a thread abaout buddy lasing and TISL. One of the beta testers or from ED (I don't know anymore) said, that is no plan to simulate/ modell the TISL, because the TGP replaces this function.

Yesterday I studied the flight manual for one of my tutorials and there is no info anymore, that TISL isn't modelled. And there are instructions, how to operate the TISL.

So: Is TISL working with in release/ actuall DCS A-10C?

I would appreciate this.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read the manual a few weeks ago and stumbled upon the TISL section, too. As far as I recall it, TISL was still said nonfunctional now and in future...

Just looked it up and still says nonfunctional (P 117 first bracket). Is there a version-number for the manual somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

I checked in 1.2.4 and its not functional, in 1.2.5 too i think.

They will not make it because its reather unused even in real A-10C.

USAF was even thinking about removing pave penny pod from current A-10C's.

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

The Pave Penny has actually been removed from some active A-10's. It and it's related equipment will never be modeled in DCS A-10C.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok, thanks. :(

Maybe, the Pave Penny in the DCS FC3 A-10A could pick up the laser reflection by the A-10C's or JTAC's laser spot?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK the A-10A can't use buddy lasing at all. Meaning even if the A-10A dropped a GBU-12 near where the A-10C is lasing it won't go active. Would like some clarification on that though since it's hard for me to test since I don't know anybody that plays DCS.

What about buddy lasing? This is about TISL. I've said it before but I'll say it again, buddy lasing and TISL/LSS are not the same thing and the former does not require the latter.

But as you've mentioned it. Of course the A-10A can/could drop LGBs on a buddy lased target. If an aircraft can carry an LGB (and any aircraft that has light or heavy ejector rack units can, in theory) it can drop on a buddy lased target.

The same would be true of DCS were GBU-12 carried by the FC3 A-10A.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

As I understood it, TISL/LSS are used by the JTAC to get the aircraft on target. And it was asked in the OP.

And thanks for the buddy lasing clear up. Read somewhere on these forums that it doesn't work from the A-10A to A-10C.

TISL/LSS "CAN" be used by a JTAC/FAC(A)/Flight Lead/anyone to cue an aircraft on target. But it is just one of many ways of doing so, and buddy lasing does not require it at all.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Nope, actually one of the slower ways on modern aircraft, with today's data links. Potentially slower than a visual talk on, depending on striker range from target and the like. And has a few tactical disadvantages, although sometimes a good choice. Useful where a visual cue is needed, the controller has line of sight, but smoke cannot be employed.

Buddy lasing itself is quite rare, and if the dropping aircraft has a serviceable TGP, there are VERY few reasons to do it.

Don't forget 9-line will already have been conveyed so aircrew should know (approximate at least) location of target. And they actually need an approximate location anyway in order to employ LSS (need to know ingress direction and where to have the pod looking for the laser spot etc. )

Spoiler