DCS Will not Start: Ticket 23334

I posted this ticket, 23334, on 6/29/13 and it has not been acknowledged. I do realize you all are busy and probably overwhelmed. I just want to make sure my ticket is noticed and processed in due order. I have a thread here, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109443 , and my Logs and a Dxdiag attached to two different posts in that thread. Thanks for any help in advance.

S!Blade<><

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, well after a week of no contact, after my initial one and only contact by Ed in which they asked for my logs and asked me to try updating C++ and Directx , which I did and provided to no avail, I am back to asking the community for help. Ed is either to busy to help me or runs the most incapable inept ticket (23334) customer service system that exists on this planet. After an initial contact by EtherealN at 20.07.201, whom was very curtious and asked me to try the 2 procedures listed above and provide my logs(which i did), i have not heard a word back from him since.

I have taken it upon myself to completely format my drive and reinstall Win 7 Home Premium as a non administrator to make sure that is not the problem. After completing all windows updates and checking my DxDiag and and even flashing my Bios to the latest Asus Bios, Nvidia current, Sound Blaster current, I installed DCS and the provided Directx 9.0c and C++ and i still get DCS Has Stopped working and the exact same errors i have had since the beginning. I am downloading the Bit Torrent version of DCS and I will try to install that tonight. Short of someone having some way to actually get ED to look at my problem in some detail, I am at an impasse as to what to do? I have used Ed products for years and no problems, but I am closing in on a request to flat out ask for a total refund for the purchase of all the modules I just purchased during the sale because I cannot even get DCS to work, so i have not even tried installing one of the modules. Please understand that I am not injecting any attitude in this post, but I am a bit frustrated with the Customer Service response as it has been a month now and I have only received the most basic problem solving steps which do not work to resolve this problem. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Blade<><

Edited by Blade_meister

Ok, well after a week of no contact, after my initial one and only contact by Ed in which they asked for my logs and asked me to try updating C++ and Directx , which I did and provided to no avail, I am back to asking the community for help. Ed is either to busy to help me or runs the most incapable inept ticket (23334) customer service system that exists on this planet. After an initial contact by EtherealN (Daniel Agorander) at 20.07.201, whom was very curtious and asked me to try the 2 procedures listed above and provide my logs(which i did), i have not heard a word back from him since.

I have taken it upon myself to completely format my drive and reinstall Win 7 Home Premium as a non administrator to make sure that is not the problem. After completing all windows updates and checking my DxDiag and and even flashing my Bios to the latest Asus Bios, Nvidia current, Sound Blaster current, I installed DCS and the provided Directx 9.0c and C++ and i still get DCS Has Stopped working and the exact same errors i have had since the beginning. I am downloading the Bit Torrent version of DCS and I will try to install that tonight. Short of someone having some way to actually get ED to look at my problem in some detail, I am at an impasse as to what to do? I have used Ed products for years and no problems, but I am closing in on a request to flat out ask for a total refund for the purchase of all the modules I just purchased during the sale because I cannot even get DCS to work, so i have not even tried installing one of the modules. Please understand that I am not injecting any attitude in this post, but I am a bit frustrated with the Customer Service response as it has been a month now and I have only received the most basic problem solving steps which do not work to resolve this problem. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Blade<><

Is there anyone at ED to help this poor guy????

I read that thread (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109443) and by the looks of it it's the resolution he's runinng that causes issues... looks like he is trying to force resolution through that nvidia software higher to what his monitor (TV) can support... so yes there is a crash as output is not supported (and hats of to PeterP for figuring this out)

My sugestion is try normal PC monitor

No longer active in DCS...

I to have had the same problems and left two tickets but no one ever comes to answer them, that a shocking service they don't give, I have written to uk mags to advise others to to make the same mistake and purchase off them.

• 2 weeks later...
I read that thread (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109443) and by the looks of it it's the resolution he's runinng that causes issues... looks like he is trying to force resolution through that nvidia software higher to what his monitor (TV) can support... so yes there is a crash as output is not supported (and hats of to PeterP for figuring this out)

My sugestion is try normal PC monitor

I respect what you are saying, but you are incorrect in your assumption. I have used this Tv for several years and run IL2 1946 , ROF , BS1.02 , FC1 & 2 , Lockon , F4 Allied Forces,WIngs(the whole series) plus all FPS games that I play at 1776x1000 , 16:9. I have never had this problem of only being able to use the Native resolution to run a Sim. Though I may be ignorant, I am assuming that this Sim does not support 1776x1000. I get stunning results with this setup, you can check out my posting of pics on SAS website, ROF 's website and even 3 picture post in the link you attached here. Maybe, I just don't have a clue? But then again everything looks Dam good when I fire up a Sim and start flying with my rig set as I have best figured out. I do appreciate everyone that took time to post suggestions here and especially Peter P for posting that pic which made me think, what would happen if I just adjusted my desktop to Native Resolution to see what would happen. Well as a result I have DCS fully working and all of the Modules loaded and working. I am still tweaking the options.lau to my liking, but i am getting there. I am quite impressed with the whole DCS Hub and Module system. I am a longtime ED customer and I must say they are really pulling this together quite nicely. On one bad note, even though I let EtherealN know that I had figured out the problem, I have never heard anything back from him. The ticket(23334) is still open. I hate to say it again, but someone at ED needs to read this. THE BRILLIANCE OF THE TICKET SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY LAID TO WASTE BY THE COMPLETE LACK OF PERSONNEL TO COMPETENTLY CORRESPOND AND ACTUALLY ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS. As Clark Howard says," This is Customer NO Service at its finest!" Wake up ED, Customer Support is the most important Service there is once your Product is released. If I had to grade ED, it would be Products I have bought 9 or 10. Patching and updating, 9 or 10. Customer Support (this is the only time I have ever asked for help) 1 . I give it a 1 only because they did contact me once, after a month almost, but that correspondence was useless and very trivial(re apply Dx & C+++). Well , it is what it is, hopefully I will never have to post here and upset any ED employees or bother people for assistance in helping to fix DCS again.

Check6

S!Blade<><

Screen_130801_001147.thumb.png.0ef4119b89e315fee7a3b5a68a3858b3.png

Screen_130812_004211.thumb.png.b407dac40b9eeab2a2ad845bee069f15.png

Screen_130812_004958.thumb.png.9caa5edc1a728d603fd5a761ed472e03.png