EYEFINITY and DCS WORLD. Recommend me a card

Hi,

I recently ended taking back out my additional two monitors (collecting dust ever since my failure to get fc2 and eyefinity working :() My current resolution is 6020x1080, I'm averaging around 15 fps in fc3. I'm currently running a single ATI HD6870 1GB, had 2 of these cards crossfired before, but one has died out on me.

Right now i'm looking for a single card solution that will let me avg 60fps. In the future i also want to be able to add a fourth touchscreen monitor with helios for my DCS A10C. What would you guys think about a 3GB GTX670? Overkill?

Edited by poiopopo

1 gigabyte ram is not enough for such a high res - you need at last 2 to get over 30FP with your card. Reduce the MSAA to 2x and switch off TSSAA - if you haven't done it up to now.

Or don't run on native res - switch to something like 3x 1280x1024 and change your aspect ratio to 5,3333 instead 3.75 to fix the distortion.

...Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\...

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('3840x1024'); ---

Description = 'One monitor configuration'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840 + X; -- !! don't forget to add your bezel compensation = X !

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5,3333; --<<<< !! to have it distortion less on 3x 16:9 monitors

}

}

When you are looking for a new card to run a multi-monitor setup :

Make sure it has at least 2 gig ram on board - anything under it isn't really usable for more than 1 monitor when you want to have steady 30+ fps in native res with all bells and whistles.

Edited by PeterP

?! - just set it up in the CCC and than you will have a changed horizontal res that you have to use.

I can't tell you how much it is - you have to see it yourself what's fitting for your setup.

Btw: The exact aspect ratio you have to use is 5,3333 - above I made a just a guess on the fly - will edit now the post .

Edited by PeterP

Been running the Evga Nvidia 690 gtx since april with a triple mon setup will run at 60fps no probs

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

To Calculate X Position of a bezel corrected Setup (ie 6048x1080)

First, X Position (Horizontal Position), is from the left side. so the edge of the left Screen is 0 and the edge of the right is 6048 (edge of the actual Visible screen, not the edge of the bezel)

Take X (for me it's 6048.), Subtract Your Horizontal Res x2 (3840 for 1080p screens)

you get

6048-

3840=

2208 Horizontal Res Minus 2 Screens worth of Area. (ie the left and right screens)

Now you have to calculate the bezel in px.

you take the Horizontal value you have, minus 1920 (the actual horizonal screen px), to get the bezel compensation pixels

since the bezel is on both sides of the center screen, you divide it by 2, to get one side's value.

So:

2208-

1920=

288/2

So, 144 is my Bezel compensation for ONE side of the Screen,

Add my 1920px to that to add the distance from the left edge to the right edge of the first screen, plus the bezel compensation,

So I get 2064, which is the first horizontal px of my center screen.

My Monitor LUA looks like this:

name = _('Eyefinity w/ Bezel Corrected UI');

Description = 'Eyefinity w/ Bezel Corrected UI'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

Gui =

{

x = 2064;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = Gui

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

To Calculate X Position of a bezel corrected Setup (ie 6048x1080)

First, X Position (Horizontal Position), is from the left side. so the edge of the left Screen is 0 and the edge of the right is 6048 (edge of the actual Visible screen, not the edge of the bezel)

Take X (for me it's 6048.), Subtract Your Horizontal Res x2 (3840 for 1080p screens)

you get

6048-

3840=

2208 Horizontal Res Minus 2 Screens worth of Area. (ie the left and right screens)

Now you have to calculate the bezel in px.

you take the Horizontal value you have, minus 1920 (the actual horizonal screen px), to get the bezel compensation pixels

since the bezel is on both sides of the center screen, you divide it by 2, to get one side's value.

So:

2208-

1920=

288/2

So, 144 is my Bezel compensation for ONE side of the Screen,

Add my 1920px to that to add the distance from the left edge to the right edge of the first screen, plus the bezel compensation,

So I get 2064, which is the first horizontal px of my center screen.

My Monitor LUA looks like this:

name = _('Eyefinity w/ Bezel Corrected UI');

Description = 'Eyefinity w/ Bezel Corrected UI'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

Gui =

{

x = 2064;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = Gui

Wow Thanks! Just copied those settings, and everything now lines up fine!

1 gigabyte ram is not enough for such a high res - you need at last 2 to get over 30FP with your card. Reduce the MSAA to 2x and switch off TSSAA - if you haven't done it up to now.

Or don't run on native res - switch to something like 3x 1280x1024 and change your aspect ratio to 5,3333 instead 3.75 to fix the distortion.

...Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup\...

When you are looking for a new card to run a multi-monitor setup :

Make sure it has at least 2 gig ram on board - anything under it isn't really usable for more than 1 monitor when you want to have steady 30+ fps in native res with all bells and whistles.

Thanks for that, I ended up keeping the resolution, but the MSAA lowering and some other settings allows me to lock the fps at 20, which is ok, at least until i end up getting that new card..

Now going back to graphic cards,

I'm looking at the following:

ASUS GTX670-DC2-4GD5 4GB GTX670 PCI-E VGA Card - $445

Gigabyte N66TOC-3GD 3GB GTX660Ti PCI-E VGA Card - $335

Keeping in mind, that I plan on using this comp mostly for DCS World games, Am i better off saving the extra cash and getting the 660, and putting the extra cash towards a fourth touchscreen monitor? Will the 670 get me enough frames to justify paying the extra cash and delay my fourth monitor purchase? I hear an overclocked 660 doesn't put it too far behind the 670, though I have no intention of doing so.

i think 6048 is the "Auto" for AMD, cuz If i delete my Bezel correction, then change to an absurd amount, then delete it again, it automatically starts at 6048

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs