Flaming Cliffs 3- no smoke in A10 mission 1

Babyalien

Hi peeps.

I've searched and searched the net for the answer to this one but to no avail so now I'm hoping the LOMAC/FC buffs can help. I have recently purchased FC3 so running the more beautified version of LOMAC. Basically, when I am flying the first A10 mission where you are supposed to take out 3 x T72's on the disused airfield shown by yellow smoke popped by ground-forces. The script is activated so you here them shout yellow smoke is marking the targets, but there is no yellow smoke showing. Even when zoomed in on the airfield, no smoke and not even any T72's are showing.

I had the same issue when I was running the original LOMAC though after a patch it seemed to fix it if I remember correctly (as it has been a while since playing original LOMAC) but now running FC3 (as beautiful as it is) the issue is back and it is annoying the hell out of me as I can even complete the first mission.

I have tried installing LOMAC, all patches, FC2 and all patches and DCS World with FC3. All aprt from FC2 have been installed in to the same folder which is the original LMAC folder. Anyone had any experience of this or know the solution to fix it? Please help if you can, I beg you.

Thanks in advance.

Hi peeps.

I've searched and searched the net for the answer to this one but to no avail so now I'm hoping the LOMAC/FC buffs can help. I have recently purchased FC3 so running the more beautified version of LOMAC. Basically, when I am flying the first A10 mission where you are supposed to take out 3 x T72's on the disused airfield shown by yellow smoke popped by ground-forces. The script is activated so you here them shout yellow smoke is marking the targets, but there is no yellow smoke showing. Even when zoomed in on the airfield, no smoke and not even any T72's are showing.

I had the same issue when I was running the original LOMAC though after a patch it seemed to fix it if I remember correctly (as it has been a while since playing original LOMAC) but now running FC3 (as beautiful as it is) the issue is back and it is annoying the hell out of me as I can even complete the first mission.

I have tried installing LOMAC, all patches, FC2 and all patches and DCS World with FC3. All aprt from FC2 have been installed in to the same folder which is the original LMAC folder. Anyone had any experience of this or know the solution to fix it? Please help if you can, I beg you.

Thanks in advance.

no issue here for me I see the smoke. we need you system specs. CPU, GPU, drivers, ram

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus Maximus X AC WiFi z370 || i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080Ti-12gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64|| TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm2 + VPC SharKa-50 + VPC Hawk-60  || |MFG Crosswinds || Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| Reverb-G2-VR @ 3472x 3388 144hrz

I have tried installing LOMAC, all patches, FC2 and all patches and DCS World with FC3. All aprt from FC2 have been installed in to the same folder which is the original LMAC folder.
You installed DCS World into the LOMAC folder?? Are you sure you play actually DCS World with it's FC3 module?

Btw you dont have to patch LOMAC or FC. LOMAC and FC have to be present for only one task: to allow DCS World granting you the activation of your FC3 module within DCS World. Then you can play in fact DCS World with the FC3 module. Your installations of LOMAC/FC are useless from then on. That is why no LOMAC/FC buffs could help here. This is DCS World and not LOMAC...

Mmm, weird. What how the game is installed/folder structure possibly? The specs are more than adequate. Intel i5 4.2GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX 670 Overclocked running on Windows * 64bit.

EDIT; Sorry posted as you did Rongor. I thought DCW/FCS is essentially the new version of LOMAC. So do you think I should unintsall everything, reinstall LOMAC. Then install DCS World in to it's own folder/location, then from that install the FC3 module maybe?

Edited by Babyalien

No. DCS World is a completely different simulation game. DCS World is some kind of a basic environment for plugin-like modules, that are then installed under DCS World, like you did with sceneries or airplanes in MS Flight Simulator.

The developers of DCS World were the same guys responsible developing stuff for the now outdated Ubisofts LOMAC. These guys, known as ED (Eagle Dynamics) left ubisoft and created a simulation of their own, DCS World. They now offer a module called FC3 for their DCS World. FC3 brings DCS World users the similar and modernized content you know from FC in LOMAC. Since Ubisoft holds some rights on the originating LOMAC-content "FC", they had an agreement:

To get FC3 activated under DCS World, the installer is checking if you are already customer of Ubisofts LOMAC/FC. If you are, FC3 can be installed.

After installation LOMAC/FC is useless. DCS World does in no way use these files nor require their presence on your hard disk.

So what to do?

Guide for someone that hasnt installed anything but wants to play the DCS World module "FC3":

1. Install LOMAC/FC

2. Install FC2

3. Install DCS World

4. Install DCS module FC3

optional:

5. Delete LOMAC/FC+FC2

6. Install other DCS modules

Enjoy DCS World...

Edited by Rongor

OK, so that's install LOMAS and/or FC but just LOMAC is suffice? Where does FC2 come in to it exactly, this is somehow also required I take it? Just the basic install, patches not necessary? In terms of where to install everything, can I install LOMAC in to its own folder, then FC2 in to its own folder then finally DCS with FC3 in to there own folders. So my 3 individual file locations will be something like as follows= F:Game Installs\LOMAC, F:Game Installs\FC2 and finally F:Game Installs\DCS World as the f:drive is where I want them to be installed.

LOMAC -> FC -> FC2

FC installation requires LOMAC

FC2 installation requires FC

DCS World -> FC3

After DCS World is installed, FC3 installation requires FC2.

DCS World and the FC3 installer don't care wether you patched LOMAC/FC/FC2. The FC3 installer's job is to make sure you have a valid license of FC2 because FC2-owner Ubisoft demands this.

Let the installers do their job, simply change the drive letters in the installation paths. This is no science actually.

Ah, think I get it.

So LOMAC, FC and FC2 can all be installed to the original LOMAC installation folder? Once all of these have been installed I can then install DCS World in it's own folder and FC3 will also be installed here, does this all sound correct?

Sorry for the 20 questions but believe it or not I am still fairly new to LOMAC/FC series.

Ah, think I get it.

So LOMAC, FC and FC2 can all be installed to the original LOMAC installation folder? Once all of these have been installed I can then install DCS World in it's own folder and FC3 will also be installed here, does this all sound correct?

Sorry for the 20 questions but believe it or not I am still fairly new to LOMAC/FC series.

So it should look like this

D:/Ubisoft/lockon/FC/

D:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus Maximus X AC WiFi z370 || i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080Ti-12gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64|| TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm2 + VPC SharKa-50 + VPC Hawk-60  || |MFG Crosswinds || Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| Reverb-G2-VR @ 3472x 3388 144hrz

Again this is not the LOMAC/FC series anymore. Again, this is DCS World...

DCS World offers a module named FC3 to invite old LOMAC/FC/FC2 users to switch to the new era of simulation: DCS World!

Again this is not the LOMAC/FC series anymore. Again, this is DCS World...

DCS World offers a module named FC3 to invite old LOMAC/FC/FC2 users to switch to the new era of simulation: DCS World!

Duly noted. Right, I'll give it a try as per your advice and see what happens. Thanks for all your help people. Really appreciate it.

Right so DCS World now installed an working. Can see the smoke I didn't have previously so that problem has been overcome. The other issue I have is that after having compared my game to someone else's on YouTube, I seem to be missing my legs. So because of this I can refer to the leg map during missions. Is this a feature that needs turning on in the options menu?