Controller.resetTask() not ending mission task

MBot

The function Controller.resetTask() does not end a currently assigned mission task. If the mission task is ended by its own stop condition, the respective group will resume the original route as assigned in the mission editor. So ending mission tasks works in principle.

Controller.resetTask() works fine to end tasks other than mission tasks. Is the behaviour regarding mission tasks as intended?

I am telling gound vehicles to go somehwere temporary by tasking them a mission. Later I want them to return to their original route and resume it. If you want to know specifically, I am letting tanks find hull-down battle positions in the terrain (which works awesomly well by the way :) ) and want them to continue with their mission editor waypoints later.

For now I will work with stop conditions for tasks. I just thought by logic it should work with resetTask and wanted to check if this might be a bug in the scripting engine.

Ah, very cool idea.

It could come down to how ground AI is very different from air AI. Air AI are much more capable of complex tasks and you can pretty much get them to go do stuff where-ever you want without having to use a mission task. For ground AI the mission task is all you can use to force them to move from point A to point B. You might be able to use Controller.pushTask() first for when you want them to go hull down and then Controller.popTask() once its finished.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for the hint Grimes. It turns out that Controller.popTask() will end a currently active mission task while Controller.resetTask() doesn't. According to the wiki, popTask should be the same as resetTask if only one task is in the queue. So this seems to be a small bug with resetTask.

For now I will continue to work with popTask then, since I am not building task queues anyway it should make a difference.