Really slow loading time using Core i3

mavyalex

Hi,

I have a decent and relatively new laptop with intel Core i3 inside, but the DCS-10 C loads very slowly, even on Low settings.

What can I do to load faster? I have a Thrustmaster PC joystick

Here are the specs:

ACER Aspire V5

Windows 8

4 gb Ram

Intel Core i3 1.5 Ghz.

Thanks.

"Always check your 6 o'clock if you want to live!"

Laptops normally have a slow hard drives with 5400 rpm as opposed to 7200 rpm and more for desktops. Also a 1.5 Ghz CPU is definately not enough for such a CPU-intensive game as DSC... The minimum system requirement listed by ED is a Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz and that is very minimal.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Hi,

I have a decent and relatively new laptop with intel Core i3 inside, but the DCS-10 C loads very slowly, even on Low settings.

What can I do to load faster? I have a Thrustmaster PC joystick

Here are the specs:

ACER Aspire V5

Windows 8

4 gb Ram

Intel Core i3 1.5 Ghz.

Thanks.

Does your laptop have an SSD? There is a known issue with SSd's and long loading times... Not sure if they have fixed this issue yet or not..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

The other big one is the graphics adaptor. If you have an "HD Graphics" card or something higher end (like optimus tech that switches back and forth) you might want to make sure that it is configured to use the higher end graphics card.

The 5400rpm HDD is another culprit... also the relatively low processor speeds on the i3 will prevent you from achieving the results of an i3 in a desktop that can be overclocked to 3.5-4 gigs.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Does your laptop have an SSD? There is a known issue with SSd's and long loading times... Not sure if they have fixed this issue yet or not..

Are you saying that getting an SSD won't make DCS load faster and run smoother? I was just thinking about breaking the bank and getting a Crucial M4...

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Are you saying that getting an SSD won't make DCS load faster and run smoother? I was just thinking about breaking the bank and getting a Crucial M4...

My version of DCS World loads missions etc. much faster from my 2011 OCZ SSD than my 2013 WD Raptor HDD.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Same here, my ssd loads much faster than a standard HDD. The 1.5 gig core i5 with standard laptop drive is probably the culprit.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Yeah, after slapping an SSD in my PC, DCS loads everything about 3x to 4x faster. If there is a DCS buy with SSD's, I haven't seen it. Then again, I tend to not notice bugs as well as some of you do so take these words with a grain of salt ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS