Nose Gear Status Light

BBQ

Bug description:

During my take-off it appears my nose gear was blown off/destroyed -- but I continued with the mission, eventually arriving back at Sochi to land. However, I noticed that I still had three green lights indicating all of my landing gear checked out OK. Should not the light representing the nose gear (of the three landing gear status lights) turn red because of the damage?

I took off around 17:10 -- just start track and fast forward until I'm rolling down the runway --

Note: I am using a cockpit mod -- Ricardo's HD Russian variety. I didn't have time to test it with default cockpit -- but will do so this evening (EST).

Steps to reproduce:

Start mission and be sure to taxi to runway, and then do a rolling take-off.

PC Configuration:

* See attached XML file (Speccy)

Attachments:

noseGearLight.zip comprised of the following files:

• Track
  • Logs
  • PC Specs

noseGearLight.jpg

So why not then, just have one light? Red up, green down and locked? I figured since there are three lights, that they can individually show status -- and if nose gear is inoperable, then if not red, then unlit, but certainly not green -- just my two cents.

It would depend where the downlock sensors were on the real Ka50, i.e. if a part of the nose gear assembly still rotated into the down and locked position where the sensors are, the light would show green - something like that. Not that that would actually be modeled in the sim of course, but it's still plausible that you could have three greens, but the nose strut is essentially gone/blown off.

I've had the gear lights indicate damage to individual wheels in the past. As ARM505 mentioned, it depends on where the sensor that controls the light is. I've blown my tire many a time and, in my experience, that won't trigger the light.

Losing a whole strut to a stray MANPAD, OTOH, usually will.

Fly with a wingman online using TARS. Then you can actually do damage assessments on each other, assuming he doesn't lose his radio when he loses his gear =)

I just flew a sortie and lost a wheel. I had three greens, but only two wheels (right side was missing). I have also seen where LED's stop working with damaged gear. I look at real LED's though and no longer look at the DCS LED's. Could be a bug, but it is a moot point to point them out in BS2 anymore.

its not a moot point....but of all the modules...BS2 is the most complete and the most worked on in the past, mainly because its been around the longest.....BS will see more love one day...but I would rather them complete the F-18c and naval ops then fix the nose wheel light right now (if it were a bug)....many things to do and with blackshark being one of, if not, the most refined modules...its at the bottom of the list for right now...

Just an opinion....

...and i think the previous poster are correct...just because its missing the lower half and wheel, doesn't necessarily mean the gear doesn't go up and down...which is in fact what the light indicates...up and down...not good or bad...

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

K -- let me put this question another way:

I was about to land, and verified the three green lights indicating my gear was down and locked.

I now know that those lights have no relationship to your gear actually being operable, as when I landed, I didn't have any nose gear. But hey, the green nose gear light said I was good to go, so I went.

BTW -- I was not asking the dev team to put it at the top of the list so that it was the first thing done when the office opened up in the morning. I was attempting to make the simulation better (if indeed it is a bug), but either way, when and if the bug gets fixed, and the order in which it is fixed in relation to other bugs is so off-topic that the mention of it borders on thread high-jacking. I could really give a **it which bugs someone else would prefer to have addressed first, nor do I care whether or not someone thinks my point was "moot" or not, though I do appreciate the opportunity to use the word "moot" in a sentence.