Problem with RPM Limit Warning on take-off

ozTRipwiRE

Hi,

I have an issue with the DCS Huey beta that I really would appreciate help with. I have recently bought a new Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS flight stick along with Saitek Pro Flight Combat rudder pedals and new PC and when I try to take-off in the Huey at the start of the first campaign level in the beta, the RPM Limit warning light goes on along with the warning sound and it seems to play havoc with the flight controls. I know that you have to compensate for the Huey wanting to turn to the right during take-off normally but this seems to be way over the top. I pressed the left pedal even more and pulled the cyclic back and to the left but when I tried to take off the Huey just went to the right. It was okay until I gently increased collective to take-off and then came on. If anyone could tell me what is wrong here I really would appreciate it. So far I have not changed anything in regards to the configuration of my Warthog stick or anything like that. The stick also has worked fine when controlling the Warthog in DCS Warthog, for example. I never had this problem on my old PC and old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick. My PC specs are: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz LGA 1150, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 64 bit operating system, Leadtek GTX 660TI PCI-E 2GB 192-bit DDR5 graphics card, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 4xDDR3 motherboard. My sound card is a 256MB RAM 3-core MDX Intel ® Display Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio.

Thanks very much for your help,

ozTRipwiRE

This is just the behaviour of this particular helicopter. At TO, you need, depending on your TO weight, almost full left rudder and a fair amount of left aft cyclic. Learn to anticipate this response of the helo and you'll be flying in no time.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

You're forgetting winds and temperature sobek. OP, please post a track of your attempt.

• Like 1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

the RPM Limit warning light goes on along with the warning sound and it seems to play havoc with the flight controls.

To the left of the Main Fuel flick switch (YELLOW switch with RED) on the centre pedestal panel , is the "LOW RPM Audio" switch, actuate this and the RPM warning will no longer whine.....

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Problem with RPM Warning on take-off

Hi,

Thanks very much for your input. Since I put a post on the forum about my issue taking off in the Huey I have tried taking-off again using my old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick. I have posted an example of me attempting a very rough take-off using that stick and one using the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS stick and Saitek Pro Flight Combat rudder pedals. When I used the Logitech stick the RPM Limit Warning did not come at all (it never has so far) and when I tried doing the same with the TM Warthog the RPM LIMIT warning came on pretty much straight away. If this is just the natural behaviour of the Huey could anyone please tell me why this RPM Limit Warning comes on when I use my TM Warthog stick and not when using my Logitech stick with exactly the same PC and settings etc? Is it a problem with the configuration of the TM Warthog stick or a similar problem? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

ozTRipwiRE

Huey take-off problem with RPM limit Warning TM W Stick.trk

Huey take-off problem with RPM limit Warning Logitech Stick.trk

Probably not got the throttle full up, I've got it bound to the "Friction slider" the grey "dooda" next to the APU switch.

I'm guessing the WH's default assignment for "throttle/corrector" is the same and hence when you use your WH you're not at full throttle and when using the Logitech you are as it probably doesn't have an axis to assign to the throttle/corrector. :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Hi ozTRipwiRE !

2 possible reasons, according to the track.

1. You have the "Corrector" assigned to the one throttle, collective to the other and move them together. In that case disconnect them and keep the "corrector"-throttle full forward/back, whatever is max for you.

(that's how I use it btw, left throttle is assigned to the corrector, right to collective)

2. The controls are somehow mixed up and one axis is somehow assigned to pitch AND corrector.

In that case a simple reassignment in the options should do the trick.

Greetings

MadCat

• Like 1

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Thanks very much. I separated the two throttles on my TM Warthog throttle and just used the left one which has so far totally done away with the take-off problem with the RPM LIMIT warning. The left section just acts as the collective now and I just left the right one at the OFF position. By the way you mentioned that my throttle may be acting as the 'corrector'. As I am still trying to learn how the Huey works would anyone be able to tell me exactly what the 'corrector' does in the Huey?

Thanks,

ozTRipwiRE

As I am still trying to learn how the Huey works would anyone be able to tell me exactly what the 'corrector' does in the Huey?

If the rotor RPM governor is on, it tells the governor how fast you want the rotor to turn. If the governor is not on (for whatever reason), it controls how much torque the engine puts out, so when you have a governor failure, you will need to adjust the torque manually depending on flight conditions to maintain rotor RPM.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!