In Flight -- need help!

BBQ

I'm testing a mission, and realized when I had landed, that I missed an objective, and need to refuel and head back out. However, before I landed, I noticed my pitch autopilot channel was disengaged. I thought I might have taken some small arms fire or something, and since I was about to end the mission and land, didn't bother to investigate codes presented on EKRAN.

Then I realized I missed an objective -- but since I had landed, the EKRAN apparently reset/finished it's fourth cycle, and so now I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with that channel. Hydraulics are all good -- the gauges all read between the lines. I've tried emergency disengage autopilot channels, and then re-enabled them each -- but the Pitch channel refuses to activate. I'm trying to look at this problem as if I'm still in flight, when in fact I'm on the runway, ready to take-off again -- the mission does not allow external views, so I can't do a BDA on the aircraft externally.

Any troubleshooting advice? All other systems appear solid.

:helpsmilie:

Kill your engines and repair? If not, it shouldnt be entirely too difficult to fly without that channel.

It's a nasty bit of high altitude mountain flying -- but I didn't know that "repair" was an option. Does that automatically happen when you refuel/rearm as long as the engines are off? I refueled with engines on - throttles to idle, but did not turn engines completely off.

It's a nasty bit of high altitude mountain flying -- but I didn't know that "repair" was an option. Does that automatically happen when you refuel/rearm as long as the engines are off? I refueled with engines on - throttles to idle, but did not turn engines completely off.

Engines need to be off for repairs. Believe you can leave the APU running though.

To repair use the radio menu, ground crew, and ask for repairs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

FWIW, the Bank and Pitch channels are both dependent on the INU, so if you a) took INU damage or b) forgot to turn it on (I'm guilty of this), they won't work. Not sure what's happening if only one of them fails, though.

• Like 1

the alt hold is dependent on the radar and barometric altimeters (possibly even the INU).....the heading hold is dependent on the compasses most likely (possibly even the INU...but the compass sounds like the easier way to tell heading)....the only way the aircraft computers can know your pitch and bank degrees is the INU......its a set of gyros and a computer that calculates the movement of the airframe.....

I could be wrong...but I believe the previous poster is correct in saying that BOTH pitch and bank are INU dependent....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.