TM WH Flaming cliffs profiles

Not to toot my own horn (noise laws and all), but I just created a thread explaining how to get functional 2- and 3-way switches in FC3. This includes using the TM Warthog throttle idle setting to start and stop engines. If you're interested, I can shoot you my Su-27/33/MiG-29 profile that I've set up to do that. You'll need to do the GlovePIE/PPJoy thing, though.

PPJoy creates a virtual controller. GlovePIE pushes buttons on that virtual controller. Short version: You can start your F-15C engines by putting the throttles from off to idle. You can use your boat switch to switch between BVR and Bore, with center being navigation. You can use any 2- or 3-way switch as an actual 2- or 3-way switch.

Standalone? Yes.

Change profiles for every aircraft? Nope, this just gives you "buttons" for middle positions and off positions, so you don't have to change profiles beyond setting them up in DCS like normal.

Not in conflict w/A-10C? Nope, works perfectly with it. Just don't assign anything new to the virtual controller and the Hog won't care what it's doing.

Not to toot my own horn (noise laws and all), but I just created a thread explaining how to get functional 2- and 3-way switches in FC3. This includes using the TM Warthog throttle idle setting to start and stop engines. If you're interested, I can shoot you my Su-27/33/MiG-29 profile that I've set up to do that. You'll need to do the GlovePIE/PPJoy thing, though.

I just read your thread and whilst it is an ingenious solution to the problem, it is possible and may I say simpler to do in the lua files;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

I just made one this afternoon for the Su25T using the method described in that post.

Does clickabledata.lua have to do with the sim knowing the initial state of the RL switches because I noticed they don't sync on startup in the 25T?

Edit: I notice you don't like target, and whilst I agree in DCS its unnecessary, it is actually very powerful and can do different things for press and release events.

Edited by Scarecrow

I just looked at my throttle lua files and... I guess I see how it could work. Thanks much for posting it in the thread! I've been beating my head against that wall for months now!

To further elaborate, clickabledata.lua allows you to specifically assign separate actions to different switch positions.

And while T.A.R.G.E.T. is very flexible and powerful, it still a) creates a weird "combined" virtual controller, which forces you to map something to keyboard controls (which don't work when you alt+tab) and b) can't download a profile to the controllers like its predecessor could a decade ago. It's too slow to boot for my taste, and lacks functionality that its predecessor perfected years ago.

Yeah the FC3 commands will be like the BS2 command structure? What I did was delete all the binds from my HogThrottle and then assign them all as I wanted.

With the switches

1 set all the "down" actions, note the button numbers

2 saved the profile FrogHogThrottle.lua,

3 edited FrogHogThrottle.lua to add the "up" actions to the noted buttons

4 went back into controller options and loaded FrogHogThrottle again to get the "up" actions working.

For flaps use Full up and Full down for guess what;) To get combat flaps in the middle set the "up" action for these two buttons as flaps toggle.

They will desync though which is a limitation of the pre-A10C commands structure.

Fingers crossed that when the FC3 aircraft go DCS that might be fixed in the process.