Naval Operations Wish List

Wags

• ED Team

What changes and new features would you like to see in DCS regarding naval operations?

This is in regards to Combined Arms type game play, not aircraft carrier specific operations.

Matt

Edited by Wags

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small list off the top of my head:

-Attack unit/attack group tasks.

-Selectable formations that place the different ship classes in there proper place within the formation.

-A vLOS for carrier landings.

Thats all I can think of for now.

You can't kick *** without tanker gas

Including the above suggestions:

Take control of ships and use their weapon systems.

Example:

Inputting cords for cruise missile strike.

Manually or via automation targeting sea/land based objects or area effect with main gun.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Launching my F/A-18C from a carrier deck? And all associated ops? For starters...

That ! And to see 'life' on the deck... Since carrier is very populated during ops...

Oh, forgot: rendered with EDGE of course :D :P :smilewink:

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Units:

- Submarines (with realistic surface / sumerge capability)

Realistic IA:

- Realistic formations (AAW / ASW / point defence barriers)

- Picket ships

- Evasive actions on ships

- Attack Pattern on ships

Realistic capabilities:

- Antisubmarine Warfare (ships / hello / aircraft):

Sosus systems

Sonar engine

Antisubmarine torpedoes / depth charges

Sonobouis on helo / aircrafts / ships

- Antiship Warfare

Sonic countermeasures and decoys (towed / deployable)

Antiship Torpedoes / missiles / mines

Realistic antiship missiles

- Amphibious warfare:

LHA and similar heavy units

LST and similar small units

Heavy units can carry small landing units into them and deploy on sea to travel to landing beach's by crane or wet interior bay.

LST and similar can carry units into them and deploy on sea to travel to landing beach's and deploy them cargo

Vehicles with sea capability can deploy to Heavy landing units and travel to the beachs

- ECM / ECCM / Decoys / Chaffs / Flares on ships

- Datalinks on ships

- Cooperative engagement capability or similar on ships

- EOSAT / ROSAT or similar satellites to detect targets

- Out The Horizon detection and launching weapons

Mine Warfare

- Mine-hunting sonar

- Deploy mines (contact / hydrostatic / influence / etc)

- mine-hunting equipment to disable, destroy mine fields

Logistic

Ships can make Replenishment on sea by Fleet Oiler or AOR ships

VERTREP replenished by Helos

Weapons

- Assisted rocket Torpedo / Stand-off missiles on Submarine / Ships

- Anti-ships / cruise missile weapons with way-points

- Anti-ships can reattach / search pattern (some Harpoon and other anti ship missiles)

- Inertial / Mid-course correction / other sensors on anti-ship / anti-air / cruise missiles

- Anti-ship missiles can be launch to a pattern area.

Other:

Ports and Naval bases (the ships can anchor on them)

Improved naval environment weather and sea state

And that only have a short list :thumbup:

With upcoming F/A-18, I would like to see some changes regarding aircraft carriers:

1. Visual gimmicks. That means new ship models (steam effect would be nice for US ships), maybe crew and parked airplanes (non-AI, just models)... wouldn't mind seeing additional crew with shooter appearing upon entering cat position (just like in FSX)

2. "Inteligent ships" that will turn the deck into the wind autonomously during recovery, so we can design missions with dynamic weather without worrying about crosswind approaches when wind changes over the time.

3. Proper AI patterns. No circling 3nm behind the ship, waiting for a slot, like AI likes to do around airports. You've been waved off... climb and make a full pattern.

4. Request tanker feature (S-3 or F-18 with buddy tank)

5. Landing signal officer calls. "You're little high, don't settle, power power, bolter bolter bolter!" - aw yeah! Dunno how russians handling this though...

6. Greenie board maybe? Like this one (vLSO for FSX) ...but maybe I'm asking too much with that.

You're not a complicated guy, Silver_Dragon :smilewink:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Systems Wise:

-Proper LSO Simulation and Representation

-Proper AI Flights Parking and Deck Movements

-Accurate Catapult Simulation, with correct Pressure for each aircraft (with SteamEffects too)

-Accurate Arresting Simulation.

-Accurate Deck Simulation (Before and After takeoff/landing events, startup, taxi, wait for AI flight ahead of you to launch, move into position, lower catapult shoe bar, etc etc etc)

-Accurate Tower/Flight Deck Crew Interaction

Graphics Wise

-Proper Battle Group representation/support

-Flight Deck Crew (animated)

-Proper day/night lighting

-

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1-Well we have already grounds troops so will be nice some landing ships

2- I Think the CA peoples could drive all the guns and shorts Sams Systems of every ship, just like ground CA and selecting the weapons with E key

3- could we drive at least the fast boats.

Hope some day some module with full Sea navy but we can use the above at the moment to do something with the CA

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For now, I would be happy if my Huey did not fall through random parts of the deck.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How about the addition of LHD-3 class ships like the USS Kearsarge? It would be fantastic to have an LCAC amphibious capability in DCSW. It would also be nice to get at least an AI AV-8B Harrier II availability in patch 1.2.5, even if it initially only allowed for land-based operations. The LHD-3 class ships would provide a nice platform for the UH-1 Hueys to operate from and provide a new threat to the coastal areas of DCS World!

LCAC - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_Craft_Air_Cushion

LHD-3 Class - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHD-3

Oh hell, I'd like some AI CV-22 Ospreys too! Go for the gusto!

CV-22 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell-Boeing_V-22_Osprey

Edited by Backy 51
Link update

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More operational carriers: more "life" on the Deck, better and precise radio tower comunication for naval ops, better integration with other ships (SAM integration),

That the carrier may take in count the wind direction to launch aircrafts, by itself.

More ships variants, for helo ops for example, or marine ops; logistic-resuply ships too

Graphical: a better and acurate trail for ships (since Flanker 2 I still waiting :D ); new helo models;

Since is dificult to simulate a noe underwater world to subs, maybe simulate just the dive, and navigate to certain deep, something simple that will allow antisub new missions using helos, P-3, etc and torpedos (with simple navigate model SNM) from ships, subs, helos, P-3 too; And maybe that the subs can launch antiship and cruise missiles to fleet and land targets.

Will be new carriers from other countries?

My wishlist:

+ capability to control ships (CA) from RTS/map view, first-person no needed

+ set waypoints and choose weapons for attack air and surface targets

+ more ship types (for US, we have only 3 types)

+ submarines (capability to dive, to use weapons [torpedos])

+ anti-ship weapons, torpedos for helicopters/ aircrafts too

+ new task: anti-ship

+ new modells for some navy units (SH-60) and new units, maybe P-3C

+ spray-effect, when flying/ hover low-level over water

+ correct hitbox for ships - difference on damage, if I hit the target at the water-line or at the bridge

kind regards,

Fire

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And what about Russian naval operations? This will be improved too? Couse everyone speaks about US Navy, and DCS has more ships on russian side, and a big and beauty carrier (now too can integrate India Navy :D )

PD: Matt, you opened Pandora's Box with this question

One important Thing:

The Ru side have not a E-2 Awacs, but in the real they have the Ka-31 and we have not this one, we need it.

Please the RU cruiser are total forgoten, they Need a better model as soon as possibles, they are amazing ships to be like that. Also we needs some destroyers at both sides.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything I´d wish for was said already, primarily I wish for realistic carrier operations and procedures, and yes, pleeaaasee some life on the deck.

Anybody remember Jane´s US Navy Fighters with the little cat officer ? It was great for it´s time :-)

Another thought I had as far as spawning on a carrier.

Model the inside Hull/hangar space of the carrier as additional spawn points. Then model working lifts to get aircraft on deck.

I'd also like to see personnel or a vehicle used to "park" aircraft that have just landed or just off of the lift.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team

Would love to be able to assign planes to the inside of a carrier, and watch them come up to the deck and launch...

Another thought I had as far as spawning on a carrier.

Model the inside Hull/hangar space of the carrier as additional spawn points. Then model working lifts to get aircraft on deck.

I'd also like to see personnel or a vehicle used to "park" aircraft that have just landed or just off of the lift.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Mig-29K

Amphibious Landing Craft

Amphibious AI capable of traveling in "deep" water.

In-ship warehouses default to maximum capacity for an object and automatically filtering out non-applicable objects. (Don't want a B-52 to be stored on a Nimitz)

More Naval ships. Preferably more US ships to balance out with Russia, but would love to see other countries represented.

Spawning on ships must be overhauled in order to make it practical.

I know the textures are there, and there isn't a way to change it in the sim, but being able to specify which ship is which would be cool.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

1/ Dangerous waters type interface to control ships.

2/ Multi crew stations for ships(with AI able to fill in empty slots)

3/ Underwater terrain modelled

4/ Full ASW modelled

5/ P3, P8 ASW aircraft.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]