Training files.....

Hi all

I just went to check out the training files for the Froggy and realised that I had to install them. This I did, and the install was fairly large and time consuming. The end result, however, was very disappointing. Just really poor quality video files, where the narration is barely intelligible, and the text a struggle to read due to the low resolution. Can anyone tell me if this is about par for the course for the training videos that need separate install? I was going to install the BS2 training files and the FC3 ones (which is an enormous install!!), but, if they are of a similar standard to the Frogfoot then I shall leave them off the hard drive and use youtube instead. Anyone? :)

BC2 I think are proper interactive missions like for the A-10C. For all FC3 aircraft though it's the same old quality videos, makes you wonder why it's 3Gb+, some of them even have fun bugs like undrawn object or models 'look at how I shoot that plane' -uh what plane? X)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I downloaded the FC3 videos recently, tried one for the F15, kind of touch to watch...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

BC2 I think are proper interactive missions like for the A-10C. For all FC3 aircraft though it's the same quality videos.

The only interactive training missions for BS2 were not created by ED.

They were created by BigfootMSR and can be found here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

most of the training videos can be found on youtube - save your self a download :)

I know that youtube is a terrific source of info. Thing is, for the sheer size of the training downloads offered in DCS, I was kind of expecting them to be interactive and a hell of a lot richer than they turned out to be. I was hoping that youtube would be the backup, and not the primary info source. As good as youtube is, I find that by the time I've returned to the sim I've forgotten half of what I've just watched. It's an age thing :(