7" 4:3 Monitors for Cougar MFD??

Hey guys,

I have read a heap of threads on this topic but cant find a definitive answer.

Will 7" 4:3, 800x600px monitors fit behind TM Cougar MFD's? Can anyone confirm they will work?

Seems like the only reason anyone has gone for 8" is because they couldn't find any 7" in 4:3 ratio.

The ones im looking at are in the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-AV-signal-Driver-Borad-7inch-800-600-resolution-4-3-A070SN02-tft-lcd-display-/170877360368?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c91598f0#ht_4903wt_1031

Thanks!!

At that aspect you may have a small gap on one side.

On another note... Why the hell would thrustmaster bring out MFDs without MFDs???

It would have been so easy to make a deal with a Chinese factory to manufacture LCDs that are seamlessly integrated with the consumer product. They could then easily sell them for twice the price.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I guess what i really need to know is what are the internal dimensions (screen area) of the TM MFD's?

The active area of the monitor in the above link is 141.6 x 106.2

Is someone able to bust out the ruler??

I first used 7" Lilliput monitors and just kicked myself for 'cheaping' out! The areas of the MFD's not covered are distracting! I should have gone for the 8"

Here's the evidence....

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=693&pictureid=4839

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

TM Cougar MFD's are 10.8mm wide/high on the inside area (just measured mine), looks like 7" 4:3 are just 1mm short in height... don't think it'll be of any issue as if you set MFD's tilted just a notch down you'll hide that 1mm on top side easily.

No longer active in DCS...