Follow enemy how-to?

I'm trying to make a mission where two F-15C's intercept a Yak-40 suspected to be a Russian transport in civilian disguise. I already set the ROE to hold fire, so they act as if the transport is not confirmed enemy. I am trying to set a "follow" task, but the Yak's group does not show up. Is there any way I could get them to follow the enemy? :dontgetit:

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Any reason the Yak NEEDS to be red?

I haven't known what'll happen if I shoot down a civillian aircraft yet.

EDIT: Well, I could make a script with some help that turns the aircraft side from blue to red based on on time.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

There is no script that makes stuff switch sides on the fly, you have to despawn the group and respawn it on a new coalition. But if you are going to just use a script, there is an easier answer to your issue.

First set the civilian aircraft to be "invisible". Thus AI will NOT shoot at it.

Then use the scripting engine to assign a follow task on the civilian group, and voila it will work.

The nice thing about the scripting engine is that it isn't limiting certain options like the mission editor does. For instance via scripting engine you can assign a "CAP" task to an A-10C, where-as the mission editor does not allow you to do so. Obviously its kind of stupid to do that, but it illustrates my point. The mission editor filters stuff down so its a bit easier to work with to create tasks and such. The follow task is filtered to coalition and group type, otherwise the menu would be saturated with options that wouldn't normally work.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 weeks later...

You might have to create more waypoints for the Yaks (you set the speed and the time of arrival is displayed ). The F15 get nearly the same (very close) waypoints ( you set the time of arrival for them for each waypoint instead of speed). There is a minimum distance beetwen the planes to take care of (if you don´t bother the planes will change altitude to avoid each other). A living example are the 2 BLUE C-130 in this mission:http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/379264/

You can easily exchange the type of aircrafts (as long as they cope with the set speed). Use only one F15 first. In the missioneditor you will realize the nessecary minimum distance beetween the plane´s waypoints. One more: depending on the coulor of the surrounding units the planes will change their altitude.

So there shouldn´t be much around along their path if they have to be enemys.

Edited by BrunoDerRabe