Helios A-10C

Hello everybody!

i'm working with Helios from a week, i started from downlodable profile Loz SM v2.1, i remove the 2 mfd (becouse i've the mfd cougar TM)and i export they with the .lua file.

So at the moment in my second screen i've

CMSC, ADI, HSI, VVI, Alimeter, fuel gauges and all engine-apu gauges working! (thanks GADROC!)

my problem still

RWR

UHF

Digital Clock

i saw that in the example of Loz this items are wrote on .lua file and i check to alighn they but no way, i can't see any of this 3 devices.

i also tried to modify the background image of the helios profile and put the back of RWR in transparency but nothing change.

i tried to run DCS without the helios profile, so i see a black screen with MFD working and anything else so i guess my dcs are not exporting in the right way.

inside the Loz profile i found some information about "init" but i guess with latest dcs word patches some things changed, anyone can help me?

Hi Ksajural,

First of all then Clock, RWR, UHF (CMSP, CMCS, CDU) are not exported via Helios but via Viewport settings in the game.

If I read you information correct then you have already modified following:

AN_ALR69V_init.lua (RWR)

DIGIT_CLK_init.lua (clock)

repeater_init.lua (UHF)

Please bear in mind that I am at work and have only access to some pre 1.2.4 files on a USB stick. Thus the files names may be a little off.

If you have set up the ###_init.lua files correctly then you also need to setup your monitor lua files in order to tell the game where to export the RWR, Clock and UHF.

If you send me a setup of you monitors (how many, position and resolution) I might be able to send you the files for your monitors later today. I will also be adble to send you my set of working ###_init.lua files you can try with. If you want of cause..

Cheers

Hans

• Like 1

Hi again,

I have attached my files as well as an overview of my setup. Basically I am following the instructions made by Icemaker, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716

He has also made a program (Easy Monitor Configurator) that, if I have understood it correctly, can do this without having to change .lua code by yourself. I haven't tried it but I think there is a great number who has.

Cheers

Hans

Viewports DCS-A10C.rar

Hi HMA, thanks for your answers

for sure i didn't modify

AN_ALR69V_init.lua (RWR)

DIGIT_CLK_init.lua (clock)

repeater_init.lua (UHF)

i think instruction on profile i download are old and speaks about a init.lua file (that i copy in my folder) but i guess now things work in a different way.

i think that with information in the icemaker link i can solve my problem, tonight i try and let you know.

really thanks!!

Hi Ksajural,

No problem. If you intend to install my files then make sure to make a back-up of your own files before installing mine. Just in case something messes up. I have flown with mine yesterday on lastes Worlds version :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Ksajural, save yourself a lot of grief and try Icemakers Easy Monitor Configuration! Found here...

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270123/

also for Helios... Gadrocs loz or a10 files are great... cut and paste what you wish to use... no re-writing anything... sweet!

http://www.gadrocsworkshop.com/node/159I

Good luck!

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

thanks bmon, i used the file "mods" of HMA and everything working now, i need just to adjust a little bit the positions of instrument but is not so difficoult (just change pixel values in monitor setup)

thanks HMA