Help needed with shooting guided missiles from Su-25T

Hello

I am just learning to fly the Su-25T and just can't seem to understand what I am doing wrong :(

I have created a plain mission to practice weapons usage - its just my Su-25T coming up on a lonely tank, but no matter what I do I just can't seem to fire my guided missiles (nonguided missiles launch ok, though they never seem to hit). Here is the sequence of my actions:

1. I enter Air to Ground mode (7)

2. Choose the Kh-29T missile

3. Power up the Shkval system (O)

4. Skew the Shkval sensor to the target (mapped the controls to the HAT of my joystick)

5. Lock the sensor when the target is within view (Enter)

6. Adjust the target base size and skew the target box near the target untill it automatically catches the target and start following it (RCtrl [ ])

7. Press Fire and nothing happens :doh:

I have also tried using the Vikhr and lasing the target to no avail... There is definately something I'm doing wrong, so I would be gratefull for any help!

P.S. The video lesson isn't of much help because the guy just says "Fire" without indicating what should be happening on the HUD (or anywhere else) in order for it to happen, the Su-25T manual doesn't clear things up either.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Thanks - I'll try that - it seems I was just clicking the trigger, so that might be it :-)

Nope, the tank is stationary.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Additional advice: for Vikhrs, you have to maneuver the aircraft so that the Vikhr launch circle on the HUD is over the Shkval circle, and you can't maneuver too hard after you've launched, or else the missile won't be able to maneuver to stay in the guidance beam.

For Kh-29s and -25s and the S-25 guided rocket, the seeker heads only have so much gimbal, so if the launch authorized cue in the HUD is blinking, you need to put the nose closer to the target.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

You need to be in missile range, you need to have lock on target with Shkval, and target has to be within missile launch parameters (for example you could be wings level and high, target being in front of you and low - Shkval can see it but missile launch parameters are not satisfied because target might be too far off-bore angle - in this case get target fairly close lined up with aircraft nose (so you see targeting diamond in HUD) and when you get the LA que, press and hold trigger to fire/release the weapon. If it's laser missile being guided make sure target is kept within Shkval gimbal limits so you don't drop the lock, if you drop it, missile will miss (unless maybe missile was very close to hitting target anyway... say few meters away... this would be close enough to continue straight flight and still hit - or hit near by)

No longer active in DCS...

Thanks for all the help!!! I wasn't holding the fire button long enough - it now works just great.

Enemies beware - I'm coming after you :-)

Turned on laser range finder/Designator/Whatever thingie?

The 29T does not require the laser.

In his description he did say he tried the Vikhr with lasing. Following this the problem was also resolved... :music_whistling: