RAAF vs F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter

AussieM8

Hi All

Thought this might interest a few into stats.

http://www.ausairpower.net/jsf.html

We might need the T-50 PAK-FA :music_whistling: if the F-35A JSF Lightning II comes to the DCS World platform. :thumbup:

AUSSIEM8_SIG.jpg

Windows 7 x64, i7-3770k OC 4.4GHz with Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler ,ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro Gen 3

G.Skill Ripjaws 16gig DDR3,, Gigabyte HD7970 GHz Egition 3GB, HOTAS

Warthog,Saitek Combat Pedals and TrackIr 5

Using Deadman's Covers and Metalnwood's extension.

Edited by AussieM8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uh oh.

Indeed. :D

We might need the T-50 PAK-FA :music_whistling: if the F-35A JSF Lightning II comes to the DCS World platform. :thumbup:

(My emphasis)

Why?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Aren't they comparing apples to oranges a bit there?

I mean: They have some valid points in there, but seriously, that site looks as if those who made it had made their judgement and then gathered data...

"That site" has been the subject of a lot of... *cough* debate *cough* over the years. :P

Do a search on the forum for "Carlo Kopp" and you'll get a lot of hits. One accusation is that he has a political agenda (rejection of the F-35 in favor of attempted purchase of F-22, and love of the F-111) and exhaggerates russian equipment to further this.

Okey resource as long as you know to add spoons of salt. This is a fully independent "think-tank" (funded by advertisements, not funding by interested organizations, militaries or corporations, and thus without special access), so add the same layer of skepticism as you would to any other internet source.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ouch. It's obvious the F-35 raises serious questions given it's competence amongst the objective crowd. I tend to think the F-35 will be a huge failure in so many ways and I admire the resolution of the people in charge that keep on going forward and forward no matter the raising concerns. Now that that's out of the way, I got to give that airplane some credits, you can't really compare it like that to other aircraft, I mean on paper at least, it's supposed to be stealthy and all so, supposedly, it doesn't really need the same specs as other aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's advantages are more than just stealth though.

But there's a massive thread about that, too. :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35070

In fact, come the morrow I think I'll probably merge this thread into that one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester