New Graphics Card Buying Advice

Hi all, I play all of the DCS titles and they seem to play ok with my GTX 295 which I know is old.

However, the Huey is dragging a bit. I play with a single monitor at 1920x1200. I have looked at the nvidia offerings and have settled on either a GTX 680 or the 690. I hope to maybe have a 3 monitor surround setup, but that might be a ways off. I also do some 3d animation work in 3ds max and have considered the GTX Titan, but it doesn't really do that much as far as viewports go. Mainly for rendering. So basically do I get the GTX 680 or blow a grand on the GTX 690? I want this card to last me as long as the GTX 295 did, and hope that some future (5 years) DirectX version doesn't make the GTX 690 obsolete. A bit long winded but I have been obsessing over this and I have the means to buy the GTX 690 at this time. Thanks for reading and look foward to advice.

rayz007

i7 950 @4ghz liquid cooled, 6gb Corsair Dominator 1600, nvidia GTX-295, Corsair HX-1000, TM WH Hotas, TrackIR 4, Saitek X-52, Razer Nostromo, Razer Naga, 27" Samsung LCD, 24" AOC LCD

I got the 690 to run my triple set up no problems to report runs fine but I am not a technical guru I just got it to run DCS.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Why do you recommend the Titan? The 690 beats it in all the comparisons. Do you recommend it for gaming or for 3DS Max?

i7 950 @4ghz liquid cooled, 6gb Corsair Dominator 1600, nvidia GTX-295, Corsair HX-1000, TM WH Hotas, TrackIR 4, Saitek X-52, Razer Nostromo, Razer Naga, 27" Samsung LCD, 24" AOC LCD