UH-1H: How many degrees of travel in the collective?

jrsteensen

2 part question here:

How many degrees of travel does the collective have? Start and finish? Assume an imaginary line traveling forward from the collective pivot point along the floor of the cockpit is your 0 degrees.

I'm guessing 40* lowest position, and 85* as the highest position?

Part 2: How many degrees rotation does the twist grip/throttle have total?

• ED Team

have a look here not sure if this will help you, Remembered seeing this being mentioned in this thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1582425&postcount=2

photooct18133524.jpg

all credit to Krebs20

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is a video of the throttle in a Bell 412, but it is very similar to the UH-1H.

UUfJn4Xesg4

- Bear

Edited by HuggyBear
youtube embed

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

2 part question here:

How many degrees of travel does the collective have? Start and finish? Assume an imaginary line traveling forward from the collective pivot point along the floor of the cockpit is your 0 degrees.

I'm guessing 40* lowest position, and 85* as the highest position?

Part 2: How many degrees rotation does the twist grip/throttle have total?

1. Looks like 40 deg is the bottom range. The maximum travel is 12.2" I assume from the end of the collective.

2. 205 deg rotation for the throttle.

Cyclic displacement is +/- 7.2"

Pedal displacement is +/- 3.7"

I measured a 1969 Bell 205 last fall and will post all the measurements i have as soon as I can get them into a legible form.

One example: Panel Measurements. I'm planning to get a CAD drawing done for a panel. Laser cut from steel the quote was about $60.

39 3/4" Wide

15 5/8" High (at center)

11 1/4" High (Rt side)

13" High (Lft side)

Hope this helps.

1. Looks like 40 deg is the bottom range. The maximum travel is 12.2" I assume from the end of the collective.

2. 205 deg rotation for the throttle.

Cyclic displacement is +/- 7.2"

Pedal displacement is +/- 3.7"

I measured a 1969 Bell 205 last fall and will post all the measurements i have as soon as I can get them into a legible form.

One example: Panel Measurements. I'm planning to get a CAD drawing done for a panel. Laser cut from steel the quote was about $60.

39 3/4" Wide

15 5/8" High (at center)

11 1/4" High (Rt side)

13" High (Lft side)

Hope this helps.

Do you also have the length of cyclic and collective - to put the displacement measurements into context?

• 3 weeks later...

Great info guys!

I took the info and designed a collective and Warthog HOTAS stick extension, which are available as kits. (We send you plans, parts list, and the 3D printed and/or laser engraved components.)

Stick Extension Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110419

Collective (with Huey Seat Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110446

attachment.php?attachmentid=85108&d=1374512846

Collective kit isn't quite available, we are still building the prototype, but the stick extension is.

It seems you have the information you need. You just over looked one small detail. The floor is 5.45 degrees. I took the measurements from ground level. If you round the numbers the collective will travel 35 to 65 degrees.

Nice prototype!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]