Saitek combat pedals for A10c and p-51, Yes or No?

I am mainly into fly the A10C, and the P-51, although I did purchase Blackshark 2, and the Heuy, in the sale. I want to know if it's worth buying the pedals mainly for the planes, or is the stick alone better for rudder control? If you do think I should get the pedals, then are there any others better then the Saitek combat ones? Cheers!!

Get the Saitek rudder pedals. I started using pedals with the Thrustmaster Elite's, then CH pedals, Logitech G940 and now I have the Saitek and like them the best.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

jhjCCCCM Z K

OJM

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

SORRY - MY DAUGHTER!!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Get some even just for more immersion, You don't really need them for the A-10 other than nose wheel steering but you'll need them for P-51 defo. I prefer Saiteks as they are widely spaced compared to CH Pro that I also used for years. Combats and normal ones have the same internals just really the pedals are different I think

Go for it. Even A-10 can need it. Cross wind landing will be easyer to handle. The Huey and KA50 you will need them! I got the Combat pedals and they are realy good.

Couldn't say it any better.

For the A-10C & Stang rudders are pretty handy and imersive. For the KA-50 and especially for the Huey rudders are a must have.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I agree on going for it. I have had my Saitek Combat pedals since March of last year, and love them. Especially like having the toe brakes as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I own the Saitek pedals as well and am quite happy with them. I do think they are a little too pricey for what they do, but oh well. The market for rudder pedals is in serious lack of competition, so they get away with the price.

Nevertheless, the pedals are nice and IMHO a must-have. Can´t speak for the KA-50 since it´s the only module I don´t own, but the P-51 and especially the Huey benefit a lot from rudder pedals. Even the A-10 is much more fun to handle with rudder pedals. Granted, the A-10 doesn´t need rudder input as much as the other machines, but it´s still nice to perfectly decrab in a crosswind situation.

Also I like to set up certain things like weapon profiles etc. while taxiing to the active, and that gets a lot easier when you have both hands free because you steer the airplane with your feet.

If nothing else, it frees up your hand so you can wave and salute sharply as you roll along the crowd at the flightline which enthusiastically cheers and waves after your flawless aerobatics display just a few minutes ago... :D

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

The rudder pedals are always going to be better than a twist grip, but frankly if you only fly the A-10c and P-51 you could easily get away without them. Especially the A-10 I hardly ever use them aside from taxiing. I personally wouldn't be able to justify the cost for those modules.

The Huey on the other hand persuaded me to buy a set, it's extremely hard to take off and land controllably without them.

Are the Saitek combat ones the ones to go for, or are there any others anyone would recommend? Are there also any cheaper alternatives that are just as good?

I've never used any other pedals so I can't compare. I do have issues with my Saitek Combat pedals "shutting down" so to speak. It seems to happen any time I install a game that uses them or any other USB device. They are still powered on but I have to unplug them and then plug them back in again so my PC will detect them. The software doesn't help.

Having said that, I really like having the pedals linked properly and the toe brakes are awesome. You can brake one side for some sharp turns and I believe (could be wrong) that the toe brakes can really be helpful when taxiing the P-51. So despite my issue with them I do enjoy flying with them.

Since I can't compare to other pedals I would just recommend getting linked pedals and toe brakes in whichever ones you decide to get.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For fixed wings, from my (all relative) experience in the A-10C, rudder pedals is a must have for:

-Cross wind take-off/landing

-Gun run precision

-Advanced turns

and it's great for:

-Taxiing, progressive braking

-Formation flight

I spent a few months searching for a great set of pedals but sadly only SAITEK is on the market and other more underground higher quality brands either closed shop, doesn't respond or have a pro only price tag. In the end I went with the SAITEK Combat set, it gets the job done, it's not great, feels a bit like a toy but it's precise enough. I still long for the day a company stands up to SAITEK with a higher quality set of their own.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still long for the day a company stands up to SAITEK with a higher quality set of their own.

I hear ya!

I will never understand, how TM could produce and sell something like the TM Warthog, or it's predecessor the Cougar for that matter, and not offer a decent set of higher end rudder pedals.

One would think that enthusiasts that throw down the money for the Warthog, would certainly do so for a decent set of rudder pedals as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

don't get pissed, this is my opinion only,,, but, after 14 years of Saitek equipment, I say CH, Thrustmaster, etc... don't get Saitek,, the plastic became really cheap a few years ago, and parts break and wear to easily..

they actually work really good for the first couple of years but then the plastic start breaking and parts go bad... and I am not strong or large by any means,, and I am gentile with the stuff.. I could not imgine if I were big and strong and manhandled Saitek flight stick and pedals.. they would crumble... I guess when Madcatz bought it they cut back on strong plastic to save a few cents in some slave labor camp... and not much you can do when it breaks, mickey mouse it or buy new ones again...

:joystick:

IMHO

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR