License key on A-10C

LexiconG2

I am using Windows 8.1 preview and I don't have very many activations left I think just 1. I am required to test some OS'es for my work. This means that I have to do clean OS rebuilds often. The requirement is that it's not on a partition. How can I get a license key extension I have bought all the DCS modules. I am really not looking to have to pay for A-10C again.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

You don't have to buy another A10C copy when you run out of activations. You always get the last activation point back after a month. This means that if you're down to 0 you get 1 back (as for most people this is ok 'cause they don't reinstall system every week or so). But if you reinstall your OS more often that is a problem. Maybe you should consider creating a dual boot with one stable system for games and other for your work.

edit:

The requirement is that it's not on a partition.

Oh, right. Get 2 hard drives then and change boot order in bios as needed ? I don't think there's anything else you can do since this is a very specific problem.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Deactivating before you wipe your system would have saved you quite a few activations.

As suggested above, but instead of any sort of partition, I would get a removable drive bay for your system disk and maintain a gaming boot disk separate from everything else.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am required to test some OS'es for my work. This means that I have to do clean OS rebuilds often.

If my work required me to do this I would ask them to spring for a PC/laptop so I could do it without disrupting my personal machine

Your employer is obviously not a sim pilot :pilotfly:

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

K as long as I can get 1 per month I should be fine.

Just be aware that this is not cumulative, you only get refilled up to a maximum of one activations. If you don't use it, you don't go up to 2 activations the next month but you stay at 1 until you use it up. Then the timer starts again.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!