Noob Skinning Question

Andr3w117

Ok so I've never made a skin before today, but I got the urge to try. So I dl'd the UH-1 template and got to work.

Now I have my uh1(filename).dds and the uh1tail dds. I've edited (to the best of my knowledge) the description.lua to reflect my file names but when I open the game and select my skin I get the orange missing texture skin...

Now I've seen skins where you can just drop the folder in the Liveries/UH-1 and be done and then I've seen ones where you have to edit Textures/UH-1.

I guess my question is, how can I make my skin a straight drop in to the Liveries folder... any help is appreciated.

Post your description.lua file please.

You should have a folder with the descrip file and any textures within it that aren't original files.

If the files are within your folder, then you should have a false within their line.

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

Post your description.lua file please.

You should have a folder with the descrip file and any textures within it that aren't original files.

If the files are within your folder, then you should have a false within their line.

I dont think he's aware of how it works, and that he needs a file like that.

My best advice is to download another usermade skin on the frontpage and see how its done.

Then you have to rename the folder, and the _body / _tail.dds files to your choosing and make sure that it corresponds with the names you edit with a notepad, in the description.lua file. :smilewink:

I would but the use of "false" was the key, now it works! Thank you so much!

Now I can the few adjustments I need to make. Hopefully in the near future I can put some skins up.

One more question... If I wanted to add a change to only one of the rotors... is that possible? Right now its showing up on both...

Edited by Andr3w117

Not possible for the rotor, top one is the top side of the rotor, and bottom is bottom side of rotor.

They cover both rotors..

Or it could be other way around, been a while :)

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth