Shutting down the engine?

Demon

Does anyone know the proper technique/procedure for shutting down the engine? I just don't like landing the chopper and then ending the mission with the engine idling, I'd prefer to shut it all the way down. Is it as simple as running the startup procedure backwards, or flipping the fuel switch?

thanks,

Demon

I wind the throttle all the way to idle and then turn off the fuel once the engine has reached idle, then I turn off all the rest in the reverse order from startup. Not sure if that's the proper way to do it. Seems to do the job.

Is it as simple as running the startup procedure backwards, or flipping the fuel switch?

That's what I do. Throttle down, Fuel OFF, Force Trim Off, Gov Off, turn the Essentials back on, and power down the avionics, then turn the battery off.

"~\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Doc\DCS UH-1H Flight Manual EN.pdf"

Section 9.6, page 120 ... ;)

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel 7th Gen. i7-7700K | NZXT Kraken 41 Liquid CPU Cooler |  MSI Z270 M3 Gaming LGA 1151 | Cooler Master V1000 80+ Gold PSU | EVGA GTX 1070 | EVGA GTX 1060 (Dedicated Physx) | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB PC4-19200 | 128GB Toshiba OCZ RD400 SSD NVMe M.2 (System Disk) | 2TB RAID 10 (4 x Seagate ST1000DX002 FireCuda SSHD) (Files Disk) |  64GB Intel Cache Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | 48GB Page Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | NZXT H440 Razer Edition Case | 1 x ViewSonic VG2439m-LED 24" [MAIN] (GTX 1070) | 2 x ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED 24" [LEFT/RIGHT] (GTX 1060)

Does anyone know the proper technique/procedure for shutting down the engine?

The correct technique would be to release the idle stop and close the throttle completely. You can't do this at the moment as the idle stop release is not functional.

The correct technique would be to release the idle stop and close the throttle completely. You can't do this at the moment as the idle stop release is not functional.

It's planned for the final release version.