For those which are using 3DVISION/stereoscopic 3D display with DCS

Yes I tried. Also deactivated all active MODS and the problem is also with DCS 1.5 and 1.2. I´m not sure when it stopped working (v2 or v3 of the 3dMigoto MOD) but it worked with v1. Hope you can get it fixed.

Also, the power line issue with the black sea map (yellow color under some angles) seems to be gone with the nevada map, however, smoke is still a huge problem. Normal smoke like from engines/flares/smoke pods seem to work just fine, but smoke on the ground (as markers or after explosion) is heavily corrupted under some angles, turning into all kinds of colors and showing other artefacts. This is really an anyoing bug right now, and when doing sling loading over cargo which is marked with smoke is just pretty much impossible.

Thanks.

OK, I will write you a guide to allow you to give me the shader used for the mi8.

Can you make and post tracks showing the problems with power line and smoke ? So it will be easier for me to try to fix them.

And you can use superfinderXT to try to find the lua files...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here is what you have to do:

1) Install the mod

2) Rename bin\ShaderFixes to bin\ShaderFixes.old

3) Copy bin\d3dx.ini to bin\d3dx.ini.ori

4) Copy the attached 3dx.ini to the bin directory

5) Launch DCS. You should have a green text at the top and bottom of screen. Go to Mi8 cockpit view, activate the Mi8 sight

6) use left or right arrow key to disable shader. Press the arrow key until the sight disappears.

7) when the sight is disabled press the numpad 6 key. Do the same thing (arrow key + Num6 if sight disapears) until you loop on VS number 0. You should find 1 or 2 shaders for sight.

9) post the two *-vs_replace.txt that should be in bin\ShaderFixes. Post the ShaderUsage.txt file that should be in bin\

10) Quit DCS, delete bin\ShaderFixes and rename bin\ShaderFixes.old to bin\ShaderFixes. Delete bin\d3dx.ini and rename bin\d3dx.ini.ori to bin\d3dx.ini

d3dx.zip

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Ok, I found my mistake. Try to replace d3dx.ini by the one enclosed.

Uparrow should now work...

You may have to replace the y=0.4 parts by a number that fit your 3Dvision settings (the higher the number is, the more HUD is pushed ahead).

You can also store 3Dvision settings in lines

;separation = 50.0

;convergence = 0.3

by uncomment them and change the values if they do not fit you.

The setting is activated by the LeftArrow key, but you can copy it to the uparrow section...

d3dx.zip

Why oh why oh why do we need to have mods to fix this?! This should be high on ED's list when you consider Occulus will be out in 2016. So so frustrating!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure that problems are shared between oculus and 3dvision. It seems to me that they do not use the same rendering mode : 2 different views generated by DCS engine for Oculus and by Nvidia drivers for 3Dvision. But maybe I am wrong...

Are HUD at the wrong depth with Oculus ? Is the horizon problem still present ?

Ok, I found my mistake. Try to replace d3dx.ini by the one enclosed.

Uparrow should now work...

You may have to replace the y=0.4 parts by a number that fit your 3Dvision settings (the higher the number is, the more HUD is pushed ahead).

You can also store 3Dvision settings in lines

;separation = 50.0

;convergence = 0.3

by uncomment them and change the values if they do not fit you.

The setting is activated by the LeftArrow key, but you can copy it to the uparrow section...

I tried this new file with Mi8 in DCS 2.0 and it still didn´t seem to work, I saw no change. I did copy my separation, convergence and "Y values" from the old file to the new, but that was basically what you were suggesting anyway. Any ideas?

I just made a track in the Huey with some sling loading to show you the smoke problem. I hope you have dcs 2.0...didn´t think about that. There´s also another quite big problem with lights in 2.0 and stereo, it´s pretty strange, they sometimes seem to be in the wrong spot, like all the headlight reflections of cars on the road for instance, but probably almost all lights. Only seen it when all the lights over the city are on. However, it seems to be plane/helo and or performance dependant so will have to look a bit further. Maybe other people have the same issue? Flying around with the mig15 just now didn´t show that issue.

Cheers.

sling load Heuy corrupt smoke.trk

And try to replace the shaders used for sight with the ones enclosed...

Tried it, but it still doens't work.

Just another detail which might be important for debugging the corrupt smoke effects: this is also visible when stereo3d is not active.

Tried it, but it still doens't work.

Just another detail which might be important for debugging the corrupt smoke effects: this is also visible when stereo3d is not active.

If the problem occurs outside 3Dmode, then this is a bug to report to devs. I will not be able to do anything..

Can you try these new version of shaders ? I made a mistake in previous ones...

ShaderFixes.zip

If the problem occurs outside 3Dmode, then this is a bug to report to devs. I will not be able to do anything..

It's vissible in 2D mode but only happend with this MOD installed (at least I'm pretty sure of that).

Can you try these new version of shaders ? I made a mistake in previous ones...

I tried, but again it didn't work unfortunately.

Damn. I do not understand why it is not working !

Can you try this these shaders ?

They do not filter anymore unwanted side effects for A10, Ka50 and so on...So they should work. But if it is the case, this is not logical...

I have to update my DCS2.0 and install the Huey module to check the side effect on smoke with your track.

shaders.zip

Damn. I do not understand why it is not working !

Can you try this these shaders ?

They do not filter anymore unwanted side effects for A10, Ka50 and so on...So they should work. But if it is the case, this is not logical...

I´m affraid to say it...but it doesn´t work :(

I was having doubts about whether I might be doing something wrong here, so I tested version 1.0 of your 3dmigoto MOD which worked for the Mi8 in DCS 1.5. And that one still works for the Mi8 in DCS 2.0. I then replaced the shaderfixes folder of the 1.0 3dmigotoMOD with the latest shaderfixes folder you posted here, and the Mi8 didn´t work then. I have no clue what I´m really doing here, but I hope it might give you some valuable info.

Hope you can find the problem.

I have to update my DCS2.0 and install the Huey module to check the side effect on smoke with your track.

Great. Really hope you can get that one fixed someday.

Cheers.

Can you try to use this d3dx.ini (as it is) with the previous shaders ant then with the enclosed ones ?

I am really puzzled with the mi8 problem. The same shaders are used than other planes, and even if I did not handle texture the uparrow key should override it...

I do not know what to do.

I did reproduce the bug with the smoke. Bad news: it seems linked to the 3dmigoto libs only, because the problem occures even there is no modified shaders !

I have to check with different version of the lib and look at the shaders...

d3dx.zip

shaders.zip

Can you try to use this d3dx.ini (as it is) with the previous shaders ant then with the enclosed ones ?

I am really puzzled with the mi8 problem. The same shaders are used than other planes, and even if I did not handle texture the uparrow key should override it...

I do not know what to do.

It works! I used both the d3dx file and the shaders you just posted. Should I also still try with other shaders? And which exactly do you mean with "previous shaders"?

It worked with both up and left keys. I wonder if this whole stuff has something to do with my own d3dx file, I use down, left, right and up keys for lots of different settings, although that works perfectly with the other shaders (well I use those other MODS for Mig15 and F86).

Hope you now know what the problem is.

I did reproduce the bug with the smoke. Bad news: it seems linked to the 3dmigoto libs only, because the problem occures even there is no modified shaders !

I have to check with different version of the lib and look at the shaders...

Ouch, really hope you can get some fix somehow.

Also really hoping that the horizon and sun problem can (someday) be fixed.

And then there ALSO this problem with the lights I mentioned earlier. I tested a bit today with the Huey, Mi8, Sabre and Mig21 and well, I guess some tracks might me more usefull to you, so you can see for yourself. I´ll explain briefly: The problem is only pretty small with the Mig21, in all others the reflection of light sources on the ground (from headlights from cars, from lamps etc) is on the wrong spot and seems to "dance around" when you fly around. In the Huey, Mi8 and the Sabre everything turns to normal ONLY when you fire the gun. When you let go of the trigger, it goes bad again :huh:

With the Mig21, it seems independent of the gun, and is good most of the time, but still, can also flip from good to bad. It´s a really anoying and extremely distracting problem.

Again, just tell me if you need some tracks or something.

Cheers.

It works! I used both the d3dx file and the shaders you just posted. Should I also still try with other shaders? And which exactly do you mean with "previous shaders"?

It worked with both up and left keys. I wonder if this whole stuff has something to do with my own d3dx file, I use down, left, right and up keys for lots of different settings, although that works perfectly with the other shaders (well I use those other MODS for Mig15 and F86).

Hope you now know what the problem is.

You can change the key used in d3dx file as you want, but you must keep all settings in the section. Eg: in the uparrow key there are the number used to shift the HUD and set the texture filter override mode.

There was 2 errors :one in the intial d3dx.ini and one in shaders. If you did not use both, the fix was not working. Maybe it could explain why it takes so much try to understand the problem...

Nevertheless, it is working now (even if the code is no elegant), so I will update the mod. There is no more to form your side.

The problem with smoke has been identified by dev of 3Dmigoto lib, they will send a fix soon. As I will be away from home next week, I should have a look at this next year !

And then there ALSO this problem with the lights I mentioned earlier.

Post a track, it is usefull. But not with Mi8 or Sabre...

Also really hoping that the horizon and sun problem can (someday) be fixed.

You mean the remaining problems because the mod only reduce them ?

You can change the key used in d3dx file as you want, but you must keep all settings in the section. Eg: in the uparrow key there are the number used to shift the HUD and set the texture filter override mode.

There was 2 errors :one in the intial d3dx.ini and one in shaders. If you did not use both, the fix was not working. Maybe it could explain why it takes so much try to understand the problem...

Nevertheless, it is working now (even if the code is no elegant), so I will update the mod. There is no more to form your side.

I tried to do some copy-paste trick from my old d3dx.ini file (using my arrow up/down/left/right settings) to the one you posted yesterday and also using those shaders you posted yesterday, but it still didn´t work (or I did something wrong), so I probably still don´t understand exactly, but I´ll happily just wait for the new mod.

The problem with smoke has been identified by dev of 3Dmigoto lib, they will send a fix soon. As I will be away from home next week, I should have a look at this next year !

That´s great!

Post a track, it is usefull. But not with Mi8 or Sabre...

See attachment!

While doing the testing today, I also found that by turning on the search light, the problem was gone, just as with firing the gun! So, well, that´s a fix...kind off.

You mean the remaining problems because the mod only reduce them ?

With the adjustment you made it got a lot better and you pushed the sun and those horizon effects further back, but it´s still too close and there might be some other problem..hard to see for me. So I don´t know if you can push the sun and horizon back some more or if that´s not so easy. I don´t know if there´s still anything that can be done about it.

Heuy light reflections bug.trk

It looks like there is no more light problem with this version of the mod (which include the last shaders and d3dx.ini).

If you do not want to use the arrow key, just modify the lines 'Key = VK_*' with the key you want, as explain in the d3dx.ini.

stereoscopic_HUD_and_labels_3dMigoto.zip

It looks like there is no more light problem with this version of the mod (which include the last shaders and d3dx.ini).

If you do not want to use the arrow key, just modify the lines 'Key = VK_*' with the key you want, as explain in the d3dx.ini.

Thanks for the work, but unfortunately, there's a serious error in this version! When you go to full screen mode, the left side screen is extremely corrupted, seems like a bunch of textures or shaders or something are gone, resulting in a lot of blackness. I also tried it with the unmodified version you posted here with the same results.

I did not spend too much time to check the version, but it is ok with your night track.

Can you post a track showing the new problems ?

I attached 2 short tracks showing the problem, one in the Heuy and one in the Mi8. As shown, the HUD in the Mi8 is corrected by the mod, so that´s the good news. But the bug is in both the Mi8 and the Heuy. The bug is visible even after you exit the mission, you have to leave full screen mode in order to get rid of it.

Cheers.

Heuy 3dmigoto bug.trk

Mi8 3dmigoto bug.trk

Good news: The problem with the smoke is fixed and I managed to solve the problems with "new dialog" text.

Bad news : I did not have the problem with left side screen. Did you suppress the 3dvision profile with nvidia inspector ?

Here is the last version of the mod. I made some changes, you will just have to modify the line "x1 = 0.4" to change the HUD depth.

stereoscopic_HUD_and_labels_3dMigoto.zip