For those which are using 3DVISION/stereoscopic 3D display with DCS

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having lots of problems too. A-10C, Mig21 don't work and the others (like Mi8) probably only work because they have almost no shaders to fix (no MFD etc.). Lots of shaders seem corrupted in a way that's new (check the CDU on the A-10C for example, that shader seems to bend in a strange way and is related to headtracking/perspective).

can you post a track ?

do you have these problems with the "left arrow" mode or with the "up arrow" mode ?

You should not use the "up arrow" mode for A10, ka50, mig21, UH1, P51, fw190 as it filters some effects using distance from eye, instead of texture filtering.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

can you post a track ?

do you have these problems with the "left arrow" mode or with the "up arrow" mode ?

You should not use the "up arrow" mode for A10, ka50, mig21, UH1, P51, fw190 as it filters some effects using distance from eye, instead of texture filtering.

I already made some tracks and then decided to check the non-modified Mod version and all was well again in the A-10C. Guess I screwed something up again when editing the mod and only noticed it when I flew the A-10 again after an update, thinking it had something to do with the update.

• 1 month later...

I updated first post that was outdated. I also put in line the 7.0 version (see the link in first post). It solved problems introduced by a DCS version,

the horizon problem is greatly reduced now (even if not totally solved) and labels are masked by cockpit frame.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 2 months later...
Hey buddy can you do a quality check for the new 1.5.4 version of dcs? Seems to be good with.70 but maybe you find something?

I did not spent too much time on it, I made some bench with the Gazelle, because my performance were bad. I discovered that the icon masking function of the 7.0 mod is eating a lot of fps, more than it was when I tested it with the Huey. I do know if it is linked to the Gazelle or to the 1.5.4 but I made a version of the mod without icon masking.

As I am not at home, I redone it here for more user testing, but of course I can not guarantee that it will works because I can not test it myself yet.

I did not spent too much time on it, I made some bench with the Gazelle, because my performance were bad. I discovered that the icon masking function of the 7.0 mod is eating a lot of fps, more than it was when I tested it with the Huey. I do know if it is linked to the Gazelle or to the 1.5.4 but I made a version of the mod without icon masking.

As I am not at home, I redone it here for more user testing, but of course I can not guarantee that it will works because I can not test it myself yet.

Awesome I will test this on blue flag ka50! I have noticed much lower fpS in 154 in 3D that is fact!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Worked well for me last night in ka50. I also noticed a little increase in fps which was very welcomed!

Oh one thing I have noticed is we can't use custom ka50 cockpit textures?

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Worked well for me last night in ka50. I also noticed a little increase in fps which was very welcomed!

Oh one thing I have noticed is we can't use custom ka50 cockpit textures?

Are you using the Stereo option of DCS, or just 3DVision? if it's the first, can you post please the stereo.lua settings?

• 1 month later...

A new version of the mod to cope with shader and texture changes of the latest version of DCSWorld is here.

The effects and 3Dvision are now ON by defaults.

Shift added for SA432 L sight.

The right arrow key is now cycling between 3 convergence/depth settings.

A new version of the mod to cope with shader and texture changes of the latest version of DCSWorld is here.

The effects and 3Dvision are now ON by defaults.

Shift added for SA432 L sight.

The right arrow key is now cycling between 3 convergence/depth settings.

Thanks for the update.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...only a little gost picture near the plane...
same problem with me!

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

3Dvision 3 monitors

They know that 3DVISION/stereoscopic 3D display is great with DCS (full immersion, better altitude feeling,..) but has some drawbacks in 1.5/2.0 version:

• HUD/Gunsight collimated on HUD glass and not on infinite, making nearly impossible to aim
  • Horizon problem
  • Sun and HDR depth
  • Labels in 2D and at screen level, and so hardly readable
  • Cursor in 2D at screen level, so not usable to click switch in the cockpit

I made a fix to cope with these problems. It is available here. Read carefully the explanations regarding the two different modes that can be used for increasing HUD depth.

You may also know that 3Dvision is only available for full screen mode (using ALTGR + ENTER) with the 1.5 /2.0 version, unlike previous ones...

Many thanks to PeterP, I started my mods by using his works :thumbup:

Edit 23/12/2014: updated information: added P51D, UH-1H, FW190D9, updated version of Ka50 and 10C (compatibility with 1.12), added workaround that allow 3DVISION users to use HUD with FC3 planes and mig 21.

Edited 11/29/2015 : added informations about DCS 1.5b

Edited 04/29/2016 : update for post for 1.5/2.0 versions. Current fix version = 7.0

Edited 09/12/2016 : update for 1.5/2.0 versions. Current fix version = 7.3

Hello. The link specified by you doesn't exist, and there is a strong wish to use your product...! Help, I want to have improvings in DCS too.:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

• 4 months later...
Hello. The link specified by you doesn't exist, and there is a strong wish to use your product...! Help, I want to have improvings in DCS too.:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

I got my 3D-Stereo to finally work without using this guy's mod thingy, though I may try his mod just to experiment with it.

I have Nvidia's 3D Vision 2 wireless glasses (Part Number: 942-11431-0007-001) Copyright date is 2011.

Wanted to try using 3D glasses again in game. My glasses are wireless.

Been fighting this thing for 3 days.

I reloaded this driver I had saved from earlier : GeForce Experience 362.00 dated 3/7/2016

I have a single GTX 970 on my 2011 Alienware Aurora i7-2600 w/16GB ram running on a SSD Samsung 860 EVO

Read this:

=======

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/02/dcs-25-3d-fix-wip.html

GameList

DCS World 2.5

from here:

=======

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/05/3d-fix-manager.html

Also, read this thread :

===============

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136875&highlight=3D+Vision+glasses

I set my Nvidia Control Panel to Enable Stereoscopic 3D and set "Only while full-screen 3D programs run"

Once in game, hit Left Alt and Enter together will enable Full Screen at 60 FPS locked in.

Works now!!

DieHard

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...