For those which are using 3DVISION/stereoscopic 3D display with DCS

They know that 3DVISION/stereoscopic 3D display is great with DCS (full immersion, better altitude feeling,..) but has some drawbacks in 1.5/2.0 version:

• HUD/Gunsight collimated on HUD glass and not on infinite, making nearly impossible to aim
  • Horizon problem
  • Sun and HDR depth
  • Labels in 2D and at screen level, and so hardly readable
  • Cursor in 2D at screen level, so not usable to click switch in the cockpit

I made a fix to cope with these problems. It is available here. Read carefully the explanations regarding the two different modes that can be used for increasing HUD depth.

You may also know that 3Dvision is only available for full screen mode (using ALTGR + ENTER) with the 1.5 /2.0 version, unlike previous ones...

Many thanks to PeterP, I started my mods by using his works :thumbup:

Edit 23/12/2014: updated information: added P51D, UH-1H, FW190D9, updated version of Ka50 and 10C (compatibility with 1.12), added workaround that allow 3DVISION users to use HUD with FC3 planes and mig 21.

Edited 11/29/2015 : added informations about DCS 1.5b

Edited 04/29/2016 : update for post for 1.5/2.0 versions. Current fix version = 7.0

Edited 09/12/2016 : update for 1.5/2.0 versions. Current fix version = 7.3

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 2

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff - I didn't tested up to now - but I'm confident hat you have made a good job on it once again!

...and even if right now not much people will pay attention on your work ....- I'm very sure this will change dramatically when all join the Oculus-Rift bandwagon.

Edited by PeterP

I dont have a spare time to test it now, but if it is working, than you should be on the ED's payroll (OC with Mr. Peter"Guybrush"P) :D
Edited by Suchacz

Hi!

I just registered, basically to say only this: THANKS!!!! ...with sugar on top :)

I started playing A-10c a few months ago when I also bought a new 3d monitor, I always liked stereoscopic gaming a lot (on old CRT monitor and projectors) and A-10C is so great in 3D, except off course the HUD problem. So I was really hoping that you or PeterP would get it sorted out at one time and it's really cool that you did!

I just tested it for like an hour or so and it (seems to) work like a charm.

So probably PeterP might be right that it's possibly just a few people paying attention to this, but I guess those who do play it in 3D are very grateful.

And I don't even know how to hand out this rep.power thing...I'm such a noob! :)

I've tested both machines.... and... well...

IT WORKS!!!!!!! :D:joystick::pilotfly:

My gun pipper is finally projected down there deep on the target, not drawn on my windshield. Good luck with Pony and Huey. You made my day :thumbsup:

53122d1315535263-sweetvapes-com-all-things-custom-wood-mods-cases-juices-8678734-man-anaglyph-3d-glasses-making-funny-face.jpg

Work in progress for P51-D (but I am not sure that it is needed, as the gunsight is not collimated on K14 glass)

I dare to disagree, It is a reflector sight, so it is colimated

Edited by Suchacz

Well I am pleased to see that I am not alone playing DCS with 3DVISION screen.

@Suchacz : of course it is collimated, but not ON K14 glass, like for the others DCS planes. On my config, it is collimated a bit ahead of the glass, so the change made by my mod seems not so obvious.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Just some other stereoscopic 3d questions here: is there a way to get the sun not rendered at screen debt? And do any of you know what's the best way to minimize the huge impact on frame rate stereo3d has? So are there any settings changes that have a proportionally high effect on frame rates in combination with stereo3d?

Cheers,

Geert

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is like a dream for me... and I've missed this thread since june.

I've been waiting for this so many years that I lost any hope of seeing the HUD's fixed, and there it is, finally done.

And I've found this thread by pure chance searching for a completely different information, what means that I could have missed this thread for an unlimited amount of time.

Thanks a lot, really, thanks.

(now I'll get obsessed with the Falcon BMS HUD XD)

EDIT: There is a problem with the BlackShark fix. The simulation crashes upon entering the cockpit with engines running. In ramp start it crashes when setting the engines to auto. The first sign of problems during start-up is that the flare dispenser switch can't be clicked. DCS is updated to 1.2.6 update 2. I have confirmed that everything is ok without the fix.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I managed to fix it. They've made some changes to the engine params and the uv_26 name.

Edited by average_pilot

Well it seems that I am not a very gifted man...:(

The zip file in the BS2 mod was not the good one !

I updated it, but here is the good version to use until the validation of the last version of mod...

To blackbelter: I use the maxi discount offer to purchase the Su25: did not try it very long but it seems to me that they have implemented the HUD like the P51D or the Huey : not collimated so far as in my mod, but far enough to be used.

I just checked that on ground (not enough time to bind my controls for SU25, I will use it after having finished the vergeev campaign...) but it seems better than the SU25T HUD (drawed on the glass) anyway.

Do not know how it is for the others planes with detailed cockpit (A10A, F15C and ?...)

z_BS2_stereoscopic_HUD_2_1.zip

Edited by lefuneste01

Now that I have done some flying on the A-10c and ka-50 I have to say that the HUDs look beautiful. Sitting there in front of a collimated HUD thinking that that's pretty much how it would be like to be sitting in front of the real one is extremely satisfying.

About the cursor issue, in my case I get used to that very quickly in the very firsts days of my stereoscopic gaming era, some years ago. It's a question of aiming the switch or whatever between the two cursors. Of course, focusing the eyes on the switch, not the cursor.

I think I'll link this thread in a couple of threads with the stereoscopic graphics topic. Many people may be missing this great achievement as it happened to me before.

• 2 months later...

As I made a "Helix Mod" for IL2 BoS I discovered that there is now a 64b version of the Helix dll. Post #1 updated.

So I also updated my previously broken "label mod" to use this dll. In addition to putting labels in 3d, this allow me to map a "low depth" setting to mouse button 4. If you want to push a cockpit switch, push and hold the button 4 (with your thumb on the mouse) and use your index finger to push the cockpit switch with left or right mouse button. Release the button 4 and you go back to full depth 3D.

I also map a special "scale modeling" setting for external view on left arrow key (see attachments) and a "standard" depth on F1 key.

Dwm02_90.zip

NVStereoscopic3D.IMG.zip

Thanks for the HELIX mod! However, when I adjust one or both views (internal or external) I can`t save it succesfully. I have the stereoscopic configuration save key mapped to CNTR + F7, which does not seem to save it. Tried F7 as well. Might it be a problem that I mapped it under CNTR + F7?

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

The mod stop hms blinking for my configuration. In fact it make it draw 200m in font of your eye (with the appropriate size), so it can be used to aim without convergence issue. The blinking is made by the default zero depth of the HMS.

Did you install it ?

Theoricaly, it should be possible to make it only be draw for one eye by using the Helix library, but DCS does not allow the standard value to be used to compute 3d fix...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is it possible to fix-mod HUDs of 3D cockpits for FC3? Such as Su-27, F-15, Su-25?

Only the Developers can fix that issue with the FC3 Huds

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I made an "helix mod" which fixed the HUD in su 25T, but it broke the shkval...

Maybe it should be usable by mapping a switch on/off on a key....and the Helix ddl is not compliant with softth...

I made an "helix mod" which fixed the HUD in su 25T, but it broke the shkval...

Maybe it should be usable by mapping a switch on/off on a key....and the Helix ddl is not compliant with softth...

Are you talking about Su 25T from 1.2.8? New 6DOF, remodelled cockpit?

Only the Developers can fix that issue with the FC3 Huds

It was the case for 2D pits, is it the same now with new 3D pits for F-15, Su-27/33,25,25T ?

I don't know, just asking

Edited by Mnemonic

Are you talking about Su 25T from 1.2.8? New 6DOF, remodelled cockpit?

I made a working test version on 1.2.8 beta. So it should work on 1.2.8 final.

Maybe it will also fix HUD for others planes...as I do not have them I can not check.

• 1 month later...