Zip File (Read Only)

jdkirk904

Any time I try to make a change to the cockpit zip file for the UH-1H, it says it is a read only and cannot be altered. Anyone have any ideas on how I can over come this:doh:

Edited by jdkirk904

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And 7zip is free! It does what it says on the tin. i use it all the time

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Okay, sorry about that, I didn't make myself clear. I have WinZip, but I still cannot modify anything, or replace anything in the cockpit file, because WinZip says it is a read only file and cannot be modified. In the properties, it is not even checked as "read only".

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are trying to access the file in a 'locked' folder. If you installed DCS into the default folder setup, you likely installed it into the protected area of windows. I get this all the time when changing .lua files. Just copy the file to your desktop. Make the changes you want and save it on your desktop. When done, copy the file and paste back into it's original location. Then you should be good.

You are trying to access the file in a 'locked' folder. If you installed DCS into the default folder setup, you likely installed it into the protected area of windows. I get this all the time when changing .lua files. Just copy the file to your desktop. Make the changes you want and save it on your desktop. When done, copy the file and paste back into it's original location. Then you should be good.

Evil, you are the man. Thank you very much.:D:D

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]