Turn-Coordinator...

Anatoli-Kagari9

The marks on the TC are for coordinated 4 min turns, yet, if we carefully align the turn rate bars wih them and perform a 360º turn, it'll take just a few more (around 15-20 seconds) than a minute!!!

Why does this happen with almost every simulator I have used, exception being ELITE?

It looks to me like a really basic instrument?

And yes, I positioned my view so that I had a more or less centered perspective on the TC instrument!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Hi Jcomm

Turn and slip indicators in helicopters and most slower fixed wing aircraft are calibrated for a 2 min turn. This is to allow for a rate 1 procedure turn of 90 degs in 30 secs. Have not tried it in the Huey but you would have to be absolutely spot on ie no deviation from the marks and no slip or skid at all to get an absolute rate 1 turn.

Hope this helps.

Jase

Jason,

yes, and in the UH-1H the TC is calibrated (as seen on th instrument) for 4' rate turns. I did my turns perfectly coordinated and with the turn rate indicator in the marks (either left or right turns), and it takes a bit more than 1', instead of 4'

I also thought it should be 2' for such an aircraft, but searched for Huey instrument panels in the web and indeed most can be seen with 4' rate TCs

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...