MS Sidewinder FFB 2 Question

Hi all,

Just got a used MS Sidewinder FFB2 from ebay today. Using the standard profile for it, with FFB checked on under Misc and Axis swapped according to PeterP's recommendation I saw on the forum.

Issue I have is that FFB sometimes cuts out during flight, which of course is not good.

Is this a known issue, is there a fix for it, or could there be a problem with my JS?

Thanks in advance!

MAC

There is an infrared sensor and LED pair on the front of the stick, and if the sensor does not detect the LED (i.e. your hand is obscuring the LED), the FFB motors will work. This prevents the motors from working when your hand is not on the stick, but if you take your hand off you will lose FFB effects.

There is an infrared sensor and LED pair on the front of the stick, and if the sensor does not detect the LED (i.e. your hand is obscuring the LED), the FFB motors will work. This prevents the motors from working when your hand is not on the stick, but if you take your hand off you will lose FFB effects.

Thanks, that may have been the problem. It's a bit unnatural for me to keep a tight grip on the stick if not necessary, in real life I flew gliders and mostly only held the stick between thumb and pointer, could fly it very finely like this.

Any way to trick the IR sensors?

MAC