Reformat - where to start?

Ok - its been a long while since I've been able to fire up A-10C and do some flying...But I've finally gotten to the point where I can do it - but i need some help.

I currently own DCS: A-10C and Black Shark 1. I've never install DCS World. I'm looking to re-format the harddrive and also take advantage of the DCS sale and maybe get P-51.

So with that said, where do I start? Does Black Shark 1 need to be deactivated first? Does BS1 integrate with DCS World? When I goto my payments page on the dcs.com page, I see a transaction ID for BS1, but no serial?

Do I need to deactive A-10 also?

Once I re-format, I'm assuming I just download DCSWorld, then plug in my serial #s for modules? Or do I need to download modules. And I'm assuming a transaction ID is different than a serial for BS1.

I just want to make sure I'm doing this all correctly - cant wait to get back in the saddle. :)

BS1 does not integrate into DCS World. BS 2 does.

either buy BS2 upgrade but you need BS1 installed and activated

or buy BS2 full and not worry about BS1

Download DCS World > install DCS World

go into the Module Manager and download the modules.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Good luck, I was never able to get the module manager to work correctly (modules were never available to install, only buy), and you can't install from the command line any more. Your best bet is to hope they have the correct version of your modules up on the website and install them from there.

So if I buy the BS2 Upgrade, then install DCS World, I have to also install BS1 for the upgrade to work? And then plug in my BS2 serial to DCS World?

BS1 is separate from DCS: World

Install DCS World > install BS1 [ or visa versa ] activate > install the BS2 module > uninstall BS1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Regarding Black Shark, I had gotten BS1 back when it was released. When I purchased BS2, I went ahead and just got the full version, it was not that much more , helps support ED, and saves me the worry of having to have BS1 installed in order to install the upgrade.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|