FARPs have short skirts, v124

Wrecking Crew

v124

While I've nothing against short skirts,,,

FARPs in mountainous terrain allow AI armor to drive underneath them.

Had a situation where a Red AI T-80 got under the Red mission objective of a Blue FARP and the T-80 could not be seen by the Blue forces - there were Blue Client A-10Cs and UH-1Hs.

I jumped into the T-80 as a Red Ground Commander and blasted the last Blue combat asset there and won the mission for Red; I was able to shoot up through the FARP surface at my target. It was a crappy end to an hours-long mission as Blue had almost achieved their objective - those guys were working hard at winning the thing and did not deserve to be surprised like that at the end.

Extend the 'skirts' of FARPs so that mobile units cannot get underneath them.

Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

^^^ This is actually a bigger problem than first reported.

Last night we were playing the same mission. Another guy was the acting Red GC and I was hanging back, watching. The Red GC drove an AI T-80 up onto the FARP, a Huey attacked it and the tank ***FELL THROUGH*** the surface of the FARP and became invisible - like in the Monkey King.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.