PC Pilot missions

tonym

I don't know how many A-10C fans have tried the series of training missions in the PC Pilot magazine. I have found them excellent for a less than proficient pilot. The JTAC mission in this month's issue is particularly good, as using the JTAC has until now always been a bit of a mystery.:)

I tried googling for these training missions with little success. Is there any place one can download them?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I don't know how many A-10C fans have tried the series of training missions in the PC Pilot magazine. I have found them excellent for a less than proficient pilot. The JTAC mission in this month's issue is particularly good, as using the JTAC has until now always been a bit of a mystery.:)

that JTAC confuses me.... I wish there was a detailed tutorial on it for free lol.

too bad I'm not subbed to that magazine. could be very useful

A lot of the JTAC-specific tutorials forget to explain that you need to know more than just how to communicate with JTAC. You have to know and understand:

-how to input data into the CDU and/or UFC + MFD CDU repeater

-how to read and use the TAD to find, designate, and share targets

-how to use your weapons systems to tie the above together to make a kill

Search for youtube videos that cover these other topics in-depth to get the most complete understanding of how the systems all work together.

A lot of the JTAC-specific tutorials forget to explain that you need to know more than just how to communicate with JTAC. You have to know and understand:

-how to input data into the CDU and/or UFC + MFD CDU repeater

-how to read and use the TAD to find, designate, and share targets

-how to use your weapons systems to tie the above together to make a kill

Search for youtube videos that cover these other topics in-depth to get the most complete understanding of how the systems all work together.

yeah just figured out how to mark the red triangle on the TAD as a mark point and use the mark instead of FPLAN. that was helpful.

need to understand how to plug in the coords into the CDU though. that would help too. make it a WP