It's like I'm playing Microprose Gunship all over again!

hansangb

For me, Gunship captured the "fun" of flying helicopters in a game/sim. Yes the graphics were crude, but that was a limitation of the hardware. Learning to dodge radar by hiding behind "mountains" flying low and fast, firing off hellfires etc. all added to great times.

Now with DCS Huey...I've reached flight sim'ing nirvana. Belsimtek somehow managed to capture EVERYTHING that's right about a computer game/sim.

• It's just hard enough to be challenging, but yet not so impossible that it ruins it.
  • It has the perfect "feel" and exposes the thrill of flying. Yes, TrackIR and Warthog adds to this, but none of the accessories can make a horrible game better. All the equipment just enhances the thrill.
  • I absolutely *love* the sound of the rotors. It adds tremendous realism.
  • Missions that people are cranking out gives it incredible shelf live.
  • This game is so good that I just end up flying around doing nothing in particular. I actually love just flying around the neighborhood!

Yes, there are things that I wish this sim had. But until I sit in a real Huey learning how to fly, I'm sure the wishlist will never go away - whatever the sim. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game/sim.

WELL DONE BELSIMTEK TEAM!!!! And thanks to DCS for allowing for modules to hook into the the DCS world.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Flying it is cake. Landing, hovering and aiming at your intended spot are all pain.

That's why I'm still just flying around :D

But you're right, I love the fact that you can make combat landings in UH-1H module.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• This game is so good that I just end up flying around doing nothing in particular. I actually love just flying around the neighborhood!

This is amazing for me too :). I can just join Virtual Aerobatics and have so much fun just flying around. I have never ever had this much fun with any of sims or aircrafts.

Edited by lesnyborsuk

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.

When Belsimtek Mi8 is out I'll land your Huey for ya...in flame of course. pew pew :D

LOL:D that's OK, because I'll just jump in my A10 and take care of the MI8 :megalol:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

I agree! :D I've been having fun just flying around, trying to learn how to fly a damn helicopter. ;) On my first flight I managed to get it up in the air and flying around a little, but when I tried to descend for landing I lost control and ended up smashing it into the ground. It rolled to a stop upside-down about the time my wife walked over.

"How's it going, honey?"

"I'm fine. Everything's fine" (as I go to the external view, showing an upside down Huey, rocking back and forth gently, slightly on fire).

"Good thing you don't fly those in real life, huh?" she said over her shoulder as she chuckled and walked back over to her desk.

Hahaha, what a great sim! :D Well done to the ED and the Belsimtek guys!

--NoJoe

Have to echo everything above. The Huey has got an amazing feel to it. The whole thing just feels alive. I tried the oil rig landing mission earlier. First attempt and I lost control, ditching it into the sea. Second attempt I managed to hit the bullseye. The landing felt a little rough as the front screen cracked. Then I switched to the outside view to find I had completely smashed my tail in half. God, this thing is tricky. I think FSX has made me complacent over the years, lol.